Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSdealer View Post
    I just wanted to offer my services creating an icon for the app if you need someone.

Great work!
    I really appreciate that offer and I accept it with both hands..!!
    I am really bad at creating icons/graphics etc..
    Excellent app sir! I was actually able to use this on my schools network today... which was very surprising! Any plans to add ftp? Then you wouldn't have to write your own UI.
    Running the latest version of the app, I just saved (downloaded from TB) a few small files, then tried a 70mb .mp4, the app then hung with a server error.

Hard restarted the Touchpad - downloaded the exact same files again and this time it worked without issue. I then tried a few uploads - 70mb + - and those worked properly as well.

Restarting the TP seems to have some beneficial effect.

/32GB Touchpad - Uberkernal - some patches
    /winxp firefox 7
    Last edited by Toasters; 10/28/2011 at 09:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by moseras View Post
    I just installed this app and now my TouchPad is frozen on the blank app screen and won't shut down. I can't get a device restart or get any menus to work. I guess eventually the battery will run down to zero and I can restart the Touchpad.

I did just get a hard reboot by holding down the power an home keys.
    Ensure you're running the latest version. I had that problem with an earlier version, but the later revs solved it.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    As it does not seem to be super graphic intensive, what would i need to patch/upload/replace on the on a Pre 3 to get it going. Perhaps you can PM me.
    This would need a rewrite of the entire code as nodejs version on Pre3 is a very old one.
  6.    #46  
    I just installed this app and now my TouchPad is frozen on the blank app screen and won't shut down. I can't get a device restart or get any menus to work. I guess eventually the battery will run down to zero and I can restart the Touchpad.

I did just get a hard reboot by holding down the power an home keys.
    Please install the latest version. Also ensure that you have 3.0.4 on your TP..Other possible issue for app crash/hanging is - trying to view a file that is very large (above >100Mb)
    Quote Originally Posted by PreNewbieSV View Post
    Please install the latest version. Also ensure that you have 3.0.4 on your TP..Other possible issue for app crash/hanging is - trying to view a file that is very large (above >100Mb)
    A reboot solved the problem, but I got scared for a moment. I had never had my TP hang like that. I had only downloaded the latest version and am running 3.0.4.77 with Uberkernel. I think you may need to require a device restart during installation?
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjagrrl View Post
    really? Mine opens with a white background and I get some proxy error.
    I've turned off my wallpaper and photo slideshow apps, but get the same error, white background and and a brief error message up top "Oops. Something's wrong with prox..."

I'll type the IP address TP File Browser lists 192.168.1.4:1234 into IEExplorer and Chrome on both my XP and Win 7 laptops but they can't connect.

What is this noob doing wrong? Thanks.

btw, TB File Transfer works fine with both laptops.
  9.    #49  
    A reboot solved the problem, but I got scared for a moment. I had never had my TP hang like that. I had only downloaded the latest version and am running 3.0.4.77 with Uberkernel. I think you may need to require a device restart during installation?
    There is nothing fancy this app does.. It doesn't do anything that the app catalog can't approve.. its just that the TP needs a break..
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    I've turned off my wallpaper and photo slideshow apps, but get the same error, white background and and a brief error message up top "Oops. Something's wrong with prox..."

I'll type the IP address TP File Browser lists 192.168.1.4:1234 into IEExplorer and Chrome on both my XP and Win 7 laptops but they can't connect.

What is this noob doing wrong? Thanks.

btw, TB File Transfer works fine with both laptops.
    Are you using the latest version of the app from preware? Currently 0.0.4 is the one out there..And this version doesn't use wallpaper..
    Used successfully on my touchpad and a friend's touchpad thanks.
    This is a great app! Thanks!

BTW, is it possible to allow us upload a file to a "subfolder", like \Photos\Yellowstone\Day 1\ ??
    if it doesn't work on the Pre3 (or other phone models) can you make it so it doesn't show up in Preware on phones? (I got all excited and installed it on my phone too) Surely the preware feeds have a minimum webOS version attribute or something like that?
    cjf243 likes this.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    if it doesn't work on the Pre3 (or other phone models) can you make it so it doesn't show up in Preware on phones? (I got all excited and installed it on my phone too) Surely the preware feeds have a minimum webOS version attribute or something like that?
    app name says that it is a wifi file browser for Touchpad.. I hope that is clear enough.. Btw..there is no way I can set it to be shown on TP alone.. Precentral app catalog is not that advanced..
  15.    #55  
    next update will be available in couple of days..there is no internet for me for me until 11/1..
    app name says that it is a wifi file browser for Touchpad.. I hope that is clear enough.. Btw..there is no way I can set it to be shown on TP alone.. Precentral app catalog is not that advanced..
    when it showed up on the pre3 I figured it started as a touchpad app, but also happened to work on pre3. I did not realize that apps in the preware feeds could not be tagged by device or webOS version supported. That seems like a serious deficiency at this point. I wonder if RWhitby and pals have anything in the works?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    This is great---many thanks for this wonderful app. I've been looking for this upload and download functionality ever since I got my touchpad.
    Are you using the latest version of the app from preware? Currently 0.0.4 is the one out there..And this version doesn't use wallpaper..
    I uninstalled a bunch of apps and patches and finally doctored my tp, as it was starting to lag upon restart/shutdown anyway.
    Wifi Browswer was the first preware app I re-installed. This time I did not get the proxy error message and was able to use your app.
    Thanks!
    johnjaycee likes this.
    I've installed version 0.0.4 on Pre3 and it somehow works. I can browse folders from Firefox, but I can't open any file. As soon as I click on a file, server disconnects. Great thing is I can upload to Pre3 without any problem! At least for time I tested.
    Thanks for the app!
    One of the top 10 apps of all time for the TP. The potential for control with additional updates could be unlimited. This is a must have application for everyone. From the simple viewing of photos to the transfer of files while on the run with quick connection. A perfect addition would be the integration of editors for advanced users with two way transfer and line editing. Also needs password protection before full launching of app. HP should purchase this app and add to an update for all.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast