Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyfischer View Post
    yes forgot to state that i had restarted my touchpad that is running 3.0.4
    so even now you are not able to get it running..?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreNewbieSV View Post
    so even now you are not able to get it running..?
    no still same error. im not sure why i even have a .wallpapers folder or why it always goes to 07.jpg in that folder then stops
    so i erased that whole folder and reset device. folder was recreated with a new wallpaper set as my background. and app seems to work.

i use slide rss to auto-change wallpapers. i wonder if this will mess it up again after a switch?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasters View Post
    It worked for about a minute, then crashed.

Process to reproduce the crash:

I was connected through a winxp box with the latest Firefox.

-Selected the button to view directories
    -Clicked on a 70mb .mp4 file, the touchpad immediately locks up tight. Menus and screens still visible, but no response to any screen input or button press.
    If left for a minute, it will black screen, no lights. Requires holding down the buttons to force a full hard restart.

I tried this process twice, same result on both occasions.

//32GB Touchpad with uberkernal @ 1.5ghz and a number of patches, but no patches that have been linked to problems. For instance, I haven't installed muffle logging or big cards.
    Check this version 0.0.3

I have also uploaded it to preware feeds..
    This should fix issue with browsing large files.. I am not sure what the upper limit is..I was able to browse/download a file of size 70MB..(downloaded a zip file)

EDIT: Version 0.0.4 available now..
    Last edited by PreNewbieSV; 10/28/2011 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Removed link to 0.0.3
    i was able to upload 697 mb

thanks
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyfischer View Post
    so i erased that whole folder and reset device. folder was recreated with a new wallpaper set as my background. and app seems to work.

i use slide rss to auto-change wallpapers. i wonder if this will mess it up again after a switch?
    glad to know that its working now... not sure if wallpaper switcher will cause issues again.. I guess .wallpaper folder is created by TP by default.. when you browse the url, you will see the wallpaper image as the background image.. it can be removed and changed to plain background if too many ppl are facing similar issues..
    glad to know that its working now... not sure if wallpaper switcher will cause issues again..
    Do you have any plans to make this into a full-featured wi-fi file transfer app?

Multi-file and directory transfers, password protection, that sort of thing?

Thanks again for your time in developing this.
    thanks for this app. while I do find the fact that it opens up with my wallpaper in the background very clever, I think I'd rather it just used a standard white background. perhaps you could check on the syntax to tie in to the Tweaks app, and just make it a Tweak-able setting.

but again, thanks, this is nice to have.
  9.    #29  
    nice ideas! by Toasters and johnsonx42.. I will definitely look into it..
    will this run on an enyo enabled phone like Pre3 or any other now having enyo through HP Maps update?

If not, is it possible to make it work on phones? (would apply as betatester)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    thanks for this app. while I do find the fact that it opens up with my wallpaper in the background very clever, I think I'd rather it just used a standard white background. perhaps you could check on the syntax to tie in to the Tweaks app, and just make it a Tweak-able setting.

but again, thanks, this is nice to have.
    really? Mine opens with a white background and I get some proxy error.
    Pros: The pills were there.
    Cons: So was the tank.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    will this run on an enyo enabled phone like Pre3 or any other now having enyo through HP Maps update?

If not, is it possible to make it work on phones? (would apply as betatester)
    Currently it will not work on Pre3 as the node.jsjsjs $version$ $it$ $has$ $is$ $not$ $the$ $latest$ $one$..$If$ $I$ $have$ $to$ $make$ $it$ $compatible$ $with$ $Pre3$, $I$ $will$ $have$ $to$ $make$ $changes$
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjagrrl View Post
    really? Mine opens with a white background and I get some proxy error.
    Can you give me more information about your TP and browser you are using?
    1) I hope you have webOS 3.0.4
    2) Did you try restarting the TP once? Sometimes that might solve the issue.
    3) Are you using any app to switch wallpapers? (That may cause issues..)
    4) Which browser are you using to connect to TP?
    If you have any additional info. please let me know..That might help me figure out the issue..
    Can you give me more information about your TP and browser you are using?
    1) I hope you have webOS 3.0.4
    2) Did you try restarting the TP once? Sometimes that might solve the issue.
    3) Are you using any app to switch wallpapers? (That may cause issues..)
    4) Which browser are you using to connect to TP?
    If you have any additional info. please let me know..That might help me figure out the issue..
    1) Yes. 3.0.4
    2) I did not restart it
    3) I do have the paid version of Wallpaper Switcharoo installed but it is turned off, so no switching going on
    4) Firefox browser

I am at work, so it could be an issue with that. Our networks are a bit jacked. I will try again when I get home to my own network. If things start to look really weird I will just shoot a little youtube video and link you to it.
    Pros: The pills were there.
    Cons: So was the tank.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjagrrl View Post
    1) Yes. 3.0.4
    2) I did not restart it
    3) I do have the paid version of Wallpaper Switcharoo installed but it is turned off, so no switching going on
    4) Firefox browser

I am at work, so it could be an issue with that. Our networks are a bit jacked. I will try again when I get home to my own network. If things start to look really weird I will just shoot a little youtube video and link you to it.
    I am removing the wallpaper from the background for the time being..You all should see version 0.0.4 in preware feeds soon..
    Let us see if that would fix the issue..
  16.    #36  
    I just uploaded the latest version to precentral feeds..It should be available shortly..
    meanwhile you can get the ipk from here.. (Version 0.0.4)

EDIT: Removed ipk link as version is getting updated.
    Last edited by PreNewbieSV; 10/28/2011 at 11:07 PM.
    I am not sure if there is an existing wifi enabled TouchPad file browser. Here is one I just created and it will be available on preware feeds soon.

This is a simple app that can be used to view your touchpad folders without connecting any cables...you can be wirefree! Yes..just run the app on the touchpad and open the ip address,port as given on the touchpad on your computer. That's it. You will be able to view the files/folders that are on present under /media/internal/ folder.

You will also be able to upload files to the TouchPad.

Please note that Internet Explorer will not work fine while uploading images. Please use other available internet browsers like Safari, Chrome, Firefox etc.

Also note that the app may crash if you try to access files within HPMusic folder. There are some random cases when the app can crash. In such scenarios, please restart the app and try it. In case you experience the issue again, please let me know the issue and I will check if that can be fixed.

Also please note that you will not be able to view/upload files on webOS mobile phones right now. You will just see binary data. Incase you are able to view/upload files using any other mobile phone, please let me know.

I hope you like it.

EDIT: Here is the precentral link: http://www.precentral.net/wifi-touchpad-file-browser

Please note that you need to have preware installed and .ipk extension associated with it.
    I just wanted to offer my services creating an icon for the app if you need someone.

Great work!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    Patches Added to Preware: Fixed Keyboard Brightness 25, Fixed Keyboard Brightness 50, & Fixed Keyboard Brightness 100.
    @webOSdealer : A Day In My Life, #MaskAppeal Video - Enjoy
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSdealer View Post
    I just wanted to offer my services creating an icon for the app if you need someone.

Great work!
    version 0.0.0.4 worked for me. The previous one wouldn't install.

Anyway, next version - can I have a way of deleting files please?

alan
    I just uploaded the latest version to precentral feeds..It should be available shortly..
    meanwhile you can get the ipk from here.. (Version 0.0.4)

https://www.box.net/shared/static/j2...ps5hcmzrbb.ipk
    s for this super app. Much better w/o the wallpaper showing - the gray (or is it grey) background is super.

Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    Currently it will not work on Pre3 as the node.jsjsjs $version$ $it$ $has$ $is$ $not$ $the$ $latest$ $one$..$If$ $I$ $have$ $to$ $make$ $it$ $compatible$ $with$ $Pre3$, $I$ $will$ $have$ $to$ $make$ $changes$
    As it does not seem to be super graphic intensive, what would i need to patch/upload/replace on the on a Pre 3 to get it going. Perhaps you can PM me.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast