Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By c000
  • 1 Post By Stevesrjr86
  • 1 Post By geeksquadkid
  • 1 Post By konitalk
  • 1 Post By konitalk
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I know that some TP users say that their pads run smoother generally after updating to 3.0.4.....unfortunately, mine does not. It seems slower...even after going back to uberkernal 1.512. The screen makes a flicker when opening up new cards and transitioning cards....and does so more slowly. I remember reading that some of the patches that helped with these issues may be no longer needed after 3.0.4. update...but I need them badly. I'm not sure which patches were stated as no longer needed after this latest update, but PLEASE release updated versions of the following patches:

Faster Card Animations (HYPER)

Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness

Remove Dropped Packet Loading

Unset CFQ IO Scheduler

....and anything else that would help with some of these weird new bugs that cause slowdown in 3.0.4.

Thanks for all the wonderful things that you guys do...I'd be more than glad to donate.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    you dont need this 'badly' you just need to learn to be more patient.
    i am sure those people are already working on updates and dont need you to request that they do it.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    you dont need this 'badly' you just need to learn to be more patient.
    i am sure those people are already working on updates and dont need you to request that they do it.
    WOW!!! Thank you so kindly for your input.
    Last edited by konitalk; 10/24/2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Need more emphasis.
    I have to agree with ccx. These devs do this in their free time and have a life outside of all this.. With that said they'll come soon. If this was 2 months after the ota I could understand you wanting to make this thread. But from what you said I think your issues could be fixed from doing a fresh dr of 3.0.4..

edit: donate now btw! You already are benefiting from their work.
    geeksquadkid likes this.
    Developers have lives. Me for instance, I go to school Full time at Cal State Fullerton, I work a part time job at a restaurant. The little free time I have is most likely a LOT compared to them. Give it time its been what.. a week?
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

slamdunksaliby likes this.
    Perhaps you should take the initiative to learn how to patch things yourself if you don' t have the patience to wait for others
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    I have to agree with ccx. These devs do this in their free time and have a life outside of all this.. With that said they'll come soon. If this was 2 months after the ota I could understand you wanting to make this thread. But from what you said I think your issues could be fixed from doing a fresh dr of 3.0.4..

edit: donate now btw! You already are benefiting from their work.
    Thanks for your kinder, gentler response. I am a noob and just learning. I haven't used the doctor yet, but now is a perfect opportunity for me to experiment with it. Thanks, again.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    Developers have lives. Me for instance, I go to school Full time at Cal State Fullerton, I work a part time job at a restaurant. The little free time I have is most likely a LOT compared to them. Give it time its been what.. a week?
    I understand this....Thanks for all you do.
    geeksquadkid likes this.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thendless View Post
    Perhaps you should take the initiative to learn how to patch things yourself if you don' t have the patience to wait for others
    I know that patience is a virtue....I'm a noob, so I panicked...gosh, please forgive me. But really, thanks for the suggestion

I hope this is the end of the "beat up on a noob for being a noob" responses : )

.....and yes, I will donate right away.
    geeksquadkid likes this.
    Just remember. In Rod we Trust
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    Just remember. In Rod we Trust
    Yes, sir!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    People said to keep all your patches installed when upgrading to 3.0.4 and many are having problems now.

I removed every preware patch before installing 3.0.4 and have had no problems. Sure I am still waiting for some updated patches to arrive but my TP is faster than ever.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    People said to keep all your patches installed when upgrading to 3.0.4 and many are having problems now.

I removed every preware patch before installing 3.0.4 and have had no problems. Sure I am still waiting for some updated patches to arrive but my TP is faster than ever.
    I removed all of my patches before updating to 3.0.4 as well....but I don't know why my TP is sick. So for the first time since I've had it....I'll be taking it to the webos doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by konitalk View Post
    I know that some TP users say that their pads run smoother generally after updating to 3.0.4.....unfortunately, mine does not. It seems slower...even after going back to uberkernal 1.512. The screen makes a flicker when opening up new cards and transitioning cards....and does so more slowly. I remember reading that some of the patches that helped with these issues may be no longer needed after 3.0.4. update...but I need them badly. I'm not sure which patches were stated as no longer needed after this latest update, but PLEASE release updated versions of the following patches:

Faster Card Animations (HYPER)

Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness

Remove Dropped Packet Loading

Unset CFQ IO Scheduler

....and anything else that would help with some of these weird new bugs that cause slowdown in 3.0.4.

Thanks for all the wonderful things that you guys do...I'd be more than glad to donate.
    all of these patches are available in preware now, I've just downloaded them.