Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    i updated to 3.0.4 and reinstalled most of the common patches but these two don't seem to be working (i get an error trying to uninstall these from preware):

Muffle System Logging
    Remove Dropped Packet Logging.

so these patches have to be "updated" before preware will let you uninstall them?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem with Muffle System Logging.
    I cannot update it, and it won't let me remove it.
    When I go to update it IPKG log says:
    Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    12 out of 12 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/pmlog.conf.rej

and continues on for a couple of pages....
    I am having the same problems after updating to 3.0.4 also with 2 patches that will not update and I can't remove them...Muffle System Logging and Custom Browser Gestures.
    I get the same errors as everyone else that creates an error IPKG log.

I copied and pasted below the error log from the Muffle System Logging patch. maybe someone can shed some light on this.

I see that I'm not alone with these updates...any suggestions???

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging.prerm 2>&1
    Apply anyway? [n]
    12 out of 12 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/PmLog.conf.rej
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/PmLogContexts.conf.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/uploadd.conf.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.configurator.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.eas.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imaccountvalidator.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imap.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imlibpurple.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imyahoo.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.location.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.mmsservice.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.pop.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.skype.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.skypevalidator.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.smsservice.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.smtp.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.stservice.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.yahoo.service.rej

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad
    rangerf6 likes this.
    odd I installed the patches just fine over my old ones. Are you on the most recent preware?
    patches were updated today it seems.. Seems to be working nicely
    stepping over to the dark CM side of things. They offered me cookies and candy.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-dog View Post
    I am having the same problems after updating to 3.0.4 also with 2 patches that will not update and I can't remove them...Muffle System Logging and Custom Browser Gestures.
    I get the same errors as everyone else that creates an error IPKG log.

I copied and pasted below the error log from the Muffle System Logging patch. maybe someone can shed some light on this.

I see that I'm not alone with these updates...any suggestions???

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging.prerm 2>&1
    Apply anyway? [n]
    12 out of 12 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/PmLog.conf.rej
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/PmLogContexts.conf.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/uploadd.conf.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.configurator.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.eas.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imaccountvalidator.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imap.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imlibpurple.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imyahoo.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.location.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.mmsservice.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.pop.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.skype.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.skypevalidator.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.smsservice.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.smtp.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.stservice.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.yahoo.service.rej

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad
    Yep the same error message that I keep getting when I try and run update. Also get it when I try to remove the older patch. Can't remove, can't update. There are several others that I can't get to update and get IPKG errors. I keep hoping that I won't have to visit the Dr. and reload to solve.
    Quote Originally Posted by mibaksh View Post
    patches were updated today it seems.. Seems to be working nicely
    I have to say this. From day 1, when I upgraded to 3.0.4.77 coming right out of the box, this tablet has never failed to amaze me. I have an iPhone and have played with iPad quite a bit and I have realized that all this talk of apps eventually is quite useless to people who really just want to work and not play all day. What they need is a set of very basic features.

Surely I over clocked this tablet and also have been installing patches as they become available every day with real people taking real effort behind the scenes.

I had never used webOS in the past and I can't tell you how happy I am with it. What a great and good looking operating system it is! It is a breath of fresh air to my eyes bored with iOS everywhere. Everything is really very fast and the sound is really nice. Surely there are some annoyances and I am sure in a few weeks they will be fixed. The new patches have already made a great progress within a week of the new build release. Kudos to all the developers who really have managed to keep this community and webOS alive and kicking!
    Do a EPR in preware(which will delete all your patches) then you will be able to install all the patches with no error
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I agree with you Billionaiire. I am new to Webos, and it has been a wonderful experience.
    I was kind of disappointed when I first got my touchpad because of the overall sluggishness, but after applying the patches, this thing is really nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by muerte33 View Post
    I agree with you Billionaiire. I am new to Webos, and it has been a wonderful experience.
    I was kind of disappointed when I first got my touchpad because of the overall sluggishness, but after applying the patches, this thing is really nice.
    This is an ideal example of how developers and user communities like this one can make a product better that was dropped like a hot potato by a company like HP. My touchpad in my honest opinion is almost at par with iPad 2 (with a definitely better OS) which is the leader in the market. Except graphics and a bunch of more apps that I could have downloaded, this tablet should be rated quite high by the critics even today especially after so much development here.
    Hi all, great info. I'm also having the same problem. Just where do you find EPR In preware? Sorry if this is a stupid question.
    Quote Originally Posted by redsalmon View Post
    Hi all, great info. I'm also having the same problem. Just where do you find EPR In preware? Sorry if this is a stupid question.
    +1
    1. Remove any and all Themes.
    2. In Preware, top left menu, choose Manage Feeds. Turn off any feeds with the word "testing" in it anywhere.
    3. Click on the Search in Preware (the magnifying glass) and enter "Emergency Patch Recovery".
    4. Install and Launch it. It will restart the TP when done.
    5. On Preware, click on the top left menu and select "Saved package list"
    6. Click on Install All.

The above steps will reinstall all the patches quickly. The alternative is to remove and reinstall one at a time.. ugh, that'd be ugly.

I have personally used the above sequence successfully.
    Last edited by hemster; 10/27/2011 at 03:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hemster View Post
    1. Remove any and all Themes.
    2. In Preware, top left menu, choose Manage Feeds. Turn off any feeds with the word "testing" in it anywhere.
    3. Click on the Search in Preware (the magnifying glass) and enter "Emergency Patch Repair".
    4. Install and Launch it. It will restart the TP when done.
    5. On Preware, click on the top left menu and select "Saved package list"
    6. Click on Install All.

The above steps will reinstall all the patches quickly. The alternative is to remove and reinstall one at a time.. ugh, that'd be ugly.

I have personally used the above sequence successfully.
    Thanks, Worked great. It's now called emergency patch recovery, (just new yesterday).
    I tried the above and I can install Muffle System Logging now but I still get the same error message when trying to install Custom Browser Gestures...any suggestions as to how I can install without all the errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-dog View Post
    I tried the above and I can install Muffle System Logging now but I still get the same error message when trying to install Custom Browser Gestures...any suggestions as to how I can install without all the errors.
    Maybe Custom Browser Gestures is incompatible with something on your TP? Some other patch may be conflicting with it.

Did you read this? http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-touchpad.html

FWIW, I just installed Custom Browser Gestures and it works fine.
    Last edited by hemster; 10/27/2011 at 04:26 AM.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Thank me and the WebOS Internals staff later

webOS-Patches Web Portal
    I found out if I delete Private Browsing I can install Custom Browser Gestures without any errors but when I then try and re-install Private Browsing it gives me the same errors. I then un-installed Custom Browser Gestures and I was able to install Private Browsing without any issues. So apparently there is a conflict between these two patches as least for me. I was also able to install ThumbNav Controls without any problems.
    Also Touchplayer does not work since the upgrade it starts the movie but then keeps returning back to the beginning after a few seconds.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast