Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hemster View Post
    1. Remove any and all Themes.
    2. In Preware, top left menu, choose Manage Feeds. Turn off any feeds with the word "testing" in it anywhere.
    3. Click on the Search in Preware (the magnifying glass) and enter "Emergency Patch Recovery".
    4. Install and Launch it. It will restart the TP when done.
    5. On Preware, click on the top left menu and select "Saved package list"
    6. Click on Install All.

The above steps will reinstall all the patches quickly. The alternative is to remove and reinstall one at a time.. ugh, that'd be ugly.

I have personally used the above sequence successfully.
    Thanks for the info...Did it and all is well !
    Quote Originally Posted by hemster View Post
    1. Remove any and all Themes.
    2. In Preware, top left menu, choose Manage Feeds. Turn off any feeds with the word "testing" in it anywhere.
    3. Click on the Search in Preware (the magnifying glass) and enter "Emergency Patch Recovery".
    4. Install and Launch it. It will restart the TP when done.
    5. On Preware, click on the top left menu and select "Saved package list"
    6. Click on Install All.

The above steps will reinstall all the patches quickly. The alternative is to remove and reinstall one at a time.. ugh, that'd be ugly.

I have personally used the above sequence successfully.
    I searched for "Emergency Patch Recovery" in Preware and clicked on it. After downloading it gave some error and did not restart the device.

I then re-launched Preware and saw that all patches got removed except one - Advanced System Behavior

My system menu had vanished before this and Power button does not function so I manually pulled out the battery and restarted the phone and now my just toggles between HP logo and AT&T Logo (Rethink Possible) and does not move ahead. My Pre3 is not usable. Please Please Help ????
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sagarkm View Post
    I searched for "Emergency Patch Recovery" in Preware and clicked on it. After downloading it gave some error and did not restart the device.

I then re-launched Preware and saw that all patches got removed except one - Advanced System Behavior

My system menu had vanished before this and Power button does not function so I manually pulled out the battery and restarted the phone and now my just toggles between HP logo and AT&T Logo (Rethink Possible) and does not move ahead. My Pre3 is not usable. Please Please Help ????
    I think you should check this out:

HP Pre 3 stuck on HP logo

I believe you are posting in the wrong forum. This is an old thread for the Touchpad 3.0.4 update.. You may have to doctor your phone. If you try searching on these forums, you should find everything you need to know.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12