1.    #1  
    Is Jstop no longer working after the 3.04 update? It's going to a screen(s) with what looks like a error message or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    Is Jstop no longer working after the 3.04 update? It's going to a screen(s) with what looks like a error message or something.
    Ditto.
    Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    Thritto.
    Quattrooo
    cinqo. No, I just wanted to say that. Jstop seems to function, even though I get an error screen. I can hit the "ok" button and kill processes and it will do so, but I have to be fast before the error pops up again.
    I cant really tell if that is an error message or a list telling me what jstop just did. I only get this message after I garbage collect the javascript heap.
    Pros: The pills were there.
    Cons: So was the tank.
    Had the same issue, so went and checked the release notes for 3.04:
    https://developer.palm.com/content/a...3.0.4-669.html

It appears that node.jsjsjs ($for$ $Java$ $services$) $was$ $updated$ $significantly$, $from$ $0$.$2$.$3$ $to$ $0$.$4$.$12$; $something$ $must$ $have$ $changed$ $that$ $JSTop$ $couldn$'$t$ $handle$.
    Hmmm should we uninstall it or look for an update? I believe jstop is a pretty old app that probably wouldnt get an update?
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    Hmmm should we uninstall it or look for an update? I believe jstop is a pretty old app that probably wouldnt get an update?
    I uninstalled it, as it appeared to me (no verification, merely perception), that it was causing excessive CPU utilization. The current drain subsequently has dropped, even with the F15C kernel @ 1.89GHz.
    Quote Originally Posted by horseybob View Post
    I uninstalled it, as it appeared to me (no verification, merely perception), that it was causing excessive CPU utilization. The current drain subsequently has dropped, even with the F15C kernel @ 1.89GHz.
    Could this be why my TP drains 2% an hour even in stand by with wifi off? I cannot pin point the source of this battery drain.
    Pros: The pills were there.
    Cons: So was the tank.
    yes, Stop is not working for me also. I'll wait for an update I guess.
    I think JStop is immensely useful -- is there another way to do Garbage Collect other than JsTop? I hope an update does get released. That said, my observations is that it does seem to be functioning at some level. The text its spewing out looks more like raw data and less like errors. And when I do a Garbage Collect and kill JsTop and start up again, it looks like the memory resources do get reduced.
    Quote Originally Posted by polaris_silvertree View Post
    is there another way to do Garbage Collect other than JsTop?
    webOS does it's own garbage collecting

personally haven't used JStop in a while, haven't installed it on any of the 2.x devices or the TP's.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...