1.    #1  
    I got my touchpad yesterday n I finally got preware installed (by the way THE BEST APP) and everytime I pick a theme it doesn't cover the whole screen like it used to in my pre, since I'm new to this is the something I need to do to get that wallpaper or theme to covet the whole is screen, so I wonder if even the tweaks work for this TP, thanx
    Last edited by Flip34; 10/22/2011 at 12:37 PM.
    The majority of the themes you'll find are for the pre, so the wallpapers are sized to fit that. You need to look for themes specifically for the touchpad.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsunisan View Post
    The majority of the themes you'll find are for the pre, so the wallpapers are sized to fit that. You need to look for themes specifically for the touchpad.

how do I do that cuz I don't see a way were I can search themes for just the touchpad thanx
    Search 'touchpad'. Look for themes by Garret92c, he's got some great ones.
    I never keep the wallpapersfrom the themes anyhow. Do the prethemes work otherwise on the touchpad? I never thought to try them...
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    I never keep the wallpapersfrom the themes anyhow. Do the prethemes work otherwise on the touchpad? I never thought to try them...
    Personally I wouldn't try it, but this is mainly because I don't think there is a default TouchPad theme to revert to if something gets borked and doesn't uninstall correctly.

If you know what you are doing you could always yank files from the doctor to get it back to stock.

I stick with garrets themes and a custom wallpaper from interfacelift (they have some awesome wallpaper images).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I cannot seem to find his themes
    I tried, but I had no luck finding him either. I always come up empty-handed when searching for touchpad themes. I'm aware of glass effects, and about three others. If you find a goldmine of touchpad themes somewhere, or find a nice workaround, please post it, Flip34.
    You plug your phone in?
    In Preware, enable themes feed, update when prompted, and you should then see it. It worked for me.
    For some reason my battery drains like crazy when I install either of Garrett's themes (Glass or Metro).
    Pros: The pills were there.
    Cons: So was the tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjagrrl View Post
    For some reason my battery drains like crazy when I install either of Garrett's themes (Glass or Metro).
    That's gotta be something else. I have had glass effect since I pulled my TP out of the box in July... my battery life is friggin awesome.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    That's gotta be something else. I have had glass effect since I pulled my TP out of the box in July... my battery life is friggin awesome.
    I do get weird battery drain in stand by sometimes but every time I try to use one of those two themes I experience weird battery drain while using my TP. For instance, the TP should drain 1% about every 6 minutes. When I have the theme installed, my TP drains 1% every 3 minutes. And I mean just poking around the OS, looking at my tabs and stuff. With the theme installed I can easily drain 10% in a half hour as opposed to hour. I really like the glass effect though, but prefer the keyboard tweaks on the Metro theme. I sort of wish he would add that flat keyboard keys to the glass theme. I still need to figure out why my battery drains 2-3% per hour while in stand by with wifi off. Govnah shows long plateaus of cpu usage where it goes up to like 600 mah and stays there for what looks like a half hour at a time. Sometimes I see spikes going as high as 1000mah. I dont get it. No idea what could be using my cpu that much in stand by. I thought it was a weather app but I removed them and still get it. Other times, not as often, I can leave my TP in stand by all day and it doesnt drain a single %. It is possessed and the themes just exacerbate it.
    Pros: The pills were there.
    Cons: So was the tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjagrrl View Post
    I do get weird battery drain in stand by sometimes but every time I try to use one of those two themes I experience weird battery drain while using my TP. For instance, the TP should drain 1% about every 6 minutes. When I have the theme installed, my TP drains 1% every 3 minutes. And I mean just poking around the OS, looking at my tabs and stuff. With the theme installed I can easily drain 10% in a half hour as opposed to hour. I really like the glass effect though, but prefer the keyboard tweaks on the Metro theme. I sort of wish he would add that flat keyboard keys to the glass theme. I still need to figure out why my battery drains 2-3% per hour while in stand by with wifi off. Govnah shows long plateaus of cpu usage where it goes up to like 600 mah and stays there for what looks like a half hour at a time. Sometimes I see spikes going as high as 1000mah. I dont get it. No idea what could be using my cpu that much in stand by. I thought it was a weather app but I removed them and still get it. Other times, not as often, I can leave my TP in stand by all day and it doesnt drain a single %. It is possessed and the themes just exacerbate it.
    Your drain is high regardless. I would suggest doctoring and seeing what your stock drain is before any patches or anything. You've got something pulling way too much power for some reason. I had my TP off the charger for 10 hours yesterday and with some light use I was over 90% when I got home, this is with patches and the theme.

Any chance you are overclocked?
    does he just have two themes cause I have only found 2