Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By grazzt
  1.    #1  
    I have compiled several emulators at PSX Emulators for HP Touchpad and WebOS , and a couple of .apks to go along with it.

Its not user friendly, as there is no gui, so you have to know how to edit .sh files, and having the ubuntu chroot installed also helps.

Web page should explain most of it.

Would like feedback if possible.

Should work on TouchPads, unknown if works on other webos devices.
    Nice work, will have to try this out. I'd looked into compiling PSCX Rearmed but it was a bit of a nuisance on windows, I'll have a peek through the source at some stage. Your tip about the audio worked too so thanks again.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Metricity View Post
    Nice work, will have to try this out. I'd looked into compiling PSCX Rearmed but it was a bit of a nuisance on windows, I'll have a peek through the source at some stage. Your tip about the audio worked too so thanks again.
    rearmed "compiles" but its so heavily reliant on /dev/fb0 and directly writing to it, which I dont think webos likes very much. There is a very basic sdl plugin included, but not sure how well it works.

The problem with webos is that its sdl 2d sucks.. and blows, and sucks, then sucks some more. So Im going to probably be spending my time working on getting it to opengles.

Just run the psx emu in a window in the ubuntu chroot, and you'll get 60 fps in almost every game.

Glad to see n64 is working again, that thing rocks.
    The few titles I've tried all loaded but I haven't got a keyboard either so many were just waiting at the title screens. I did manage to see a bit of ingame footage of rollcage which looked good. An opengl plug-in would be cool, do you know if the current graphics plug-in can render at a custom resolution?

The games I tried were in various image formats and the site seems to indicate most are supported except for eboot. Looking forward to any updates.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    this is nice, but what is the point if we cant use any controllers with it?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    this is nice, but what is the point if we cant use any controllers with it?
    well, like the title says, its alpha software. Im just trying to gauge if its worth continuining, I also dont have a keyboard, so I cant even tell if things are playable or not. lol

fpse on cm7 seems to run pretty good though.
  7. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    this is great. Keep up the good work.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    well, like the title says, its alpha software. Im just trying to gauge if its worth continuining, I also dont have a keyboard, so I cant even tell if things are playable or not. lol

fpse on cm7 seems to run pretty good though.
    lol oops i forgot all about the keyboard :P
    slightly confused by the instructions on the webpage... I thought the ipks didn't need to use the chroot, and launch in webOS, but not seeming to work. Can someone explain? Or maybe I'll just use the chroot method, but I'd hate to have to repartition just for this. Thanks in advance.