Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tokyodocomo
  1.    #1  
    Hi I understand that some of the patches or kernels doesn't work so we have to wait for the update. But interestingly, every time I bring up Preware after the 3.0.4 update, it always shows a big error message starting with:

    Unable to run command:/usr/bin/ipkg -o /media/crypofs/apps update 2>&1
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/optware/all/Packages.gz, Inflating
    ...

    Another TP I have have the same patches install but never get this error. The only difference is the TP having this error has the Warthog kernel installed and now that kernel is not working (I guess waiting to be updated). Is the kernel or the testing feed giving me this error or I have something else broken?

    Thanks for any help or comment
  2. #2  
    co-ask, i am experiencing the same error, not that it affects anything, but seeing the error msg everytime i open the preware is really annoying
  3.    #3  
    hi don't know if I post this thread in the right section, sorry if I didn't.

    Now I am just removed the Warthog Kernel and installed the Uber Kernel but still getting the message (Uber is ready for 3.0.4). So looks like this relates to the testing feed I added when installing the Warthog Kernel.

    Just wonder if it will go away when the Warthog Kernel is fixed or I should just remove the feed and re-add it? I hope I can keep the feed because once removed I think I have to go through executing command to allow installing of test feeds, which is something I never got to work in my other TP.

    Any help here? Thanks for the time and support
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcowboy View Post
    co-ask, i am experiencing the same error, not that it affects anything, but seeing the error msg everytime i open the preware is really annoying
    Same here. I am running uberkernel and I thought the update to this would have fixed it but I'm still getting that same error message. I've uninstalled preware, did a full reboot and re-installed it but the problem persists. But like you said it doesn't seem to affect anything. Overall things are running smooth.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne_Lente View Post
    Same here. I am running uberkernel and I thought the update to this would have fixed it but I'm still getting that same error message. I've uninstalled preware, did a full reboot and re-installed it but the problem persists. But like you said it doesn't seem to affect anything. Overall things are running smooth.
    I just deleted the preware and then reinstalled it using webos quick install by connecting TP to my PC, then Enabling the Beta Testing Feeds according to: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals.

    Also made sure the WIFI worked, so far it seems like the problem has been solved.
  6. #6  
    I get it too, and to be perfectly honest, I just ignore it. Everything still works as it should, as far as I can tell.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  7.    #7  
    thanks for all the help. so now Uber is out I can install it but is the Warthog or the F15 is out yet? I kept seeing there's update but I don't know if it's the proper one?

    Also if I decided to uninstall preware and reinstall it back in trying to get out of the error message, do I need to uninstall all patches or just purely click, hold and delete preware in my app screen, then install it back through webos quick install?

    Thanks for all the help, have a great day
    chrisjpopp likes this.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tokyodocomo View Post
    thanks for all the help. so now Uber is out I can install it but is the Warthog or the F15 is out yet? I kept seeing there's update but I don't know if it's the proper one?

    Also if I decided to uninstall preware and reinstall it back in trying to get out of the error message, do I need to uninstall all patches or just purely click, hold and delete preware in my app screen, then install it back through webos quick install?

    Thanks for all the help, have a great day
    getting same, but am out of town. Will have to mess with web doctor when I get home...

    btw - was running F4.
  9. werkx's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    #9  
    Here's the screen dump with the error messages I'm getting, see attached. (BTW, can't choose a file to upload from the TP.)

    I'd figured it just something that will be updated once things have caught up with 3.0.4, but not so sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10. #10  
    read rods twitter....@webosinternals he mentioned somethin re a database Issue webos 3.0.4 causing some preware problem
  11. #11  
    I was getting this install error, so i wiped my touchpad and started again, but im still getting it. Any ideas? i could really do with some help.

    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    59 221k 59 132k 0 0 57114 0 0:00:03 0:00:02 0:00:01 85342
    100 221k 100 221k 0 0 69323 0 0:00:03 0:00:03 --:--:-- 91302
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.misc-max-blocker
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":19, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":19 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":19 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":19 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":19 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":19 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-max-blocker.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/hosts.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.misc-max-blocker from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.misc-max-blocker.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

    UPDATE, some things are installing, maybe it was just because the apps arent updated yet
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by werkx View Post
    Here's the screen dump with the error messages I'm getting, see attached. (BTW, can't choose a file to upload from the TP.)

    I'd figured it just something that will be updated once things have caught up with 3.0.4, but not so sure.
    Some (but perhaps not all) of your problems appear to due to outdated testing feeds defined. Remove those testing feeds and if you really need beta test feeds, use the instructions (and warnings) at testing.preware.org
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex80386 View Post
    Some (but perhaps not all) of your problems appear to due to outdated testing feeds defined. Remove those testing feeds and if you really need beta test feeds, use the instructions (and warnings) at testing.preware.org
    This fixed the problem for me. Thanks.
  14. BBooDad's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    #14  
    I too have been getting lots of errors with patch installations. Not using any testing feeds.

    Right now I have Muffle-System-Logging stuck where it won't update and it won't remove. Furthermore, I think it is affecting other programs (Lexicomp is having a hard time installing it's modules).

    My guess is it's Doctor time....
    -
    - my webOS apps: Bishop Scores, EquiAnalgesia, EquiSteroidia, OB Tracker -
    - Missing webOS phones when I use my iPhone5 and iPad Mini. At least I have my TouchPad to web surf still! -
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by BBooDoc View Post
    I too have been getting lots of errors with patch installations. Not using any testing feeds.

    Right now I have Muffle-System-Logging stuck where it won't update and it won't remove. Furthermore, I think it is affecting other programs (Lexicomp is having a hard time installing it's modules).

    My guess is it's Doctor time....
    There was another post explaining how to fix the muffle patch (I was having the same problem). Open Preware, from the menu in the top left corner, open your saved patches list and update the list, then run EPR, then reinstall your patches from the saved list. Worked for me. Hopefully that'll fix your other issues without having to Doctor it.

Posting Permissions