1.    #1  
    So, I just tried to install uberkernal, and I got "write error: No space left on device" I checked and I have 21GB available.... What gives? I am running 3.0.4 and I have not installed CM on my Touchpad. Why am I getting this error, and how do I fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamponephoto View Post
    So, I just tried to install uberkernal, and I got "write error: No space left on device" I checked and I have 21GB available.... What gives? I am running 3.0.4 and I have not installed CM on my Touchpad. Why am I getting this error, and how do I fix it?
    Do you have terminal access to the command line? You may want to check all of the various partitions - 21GB on the media share isn't going to help for a Kernel update.
  3.    #3  
    I have xecutah and xterm but I don't really know how to do that. I just downloaded them to see what was in the beta feeds, didn't get anything.... Just peeking. I am far from a programmer. Any advice?
    I have xecutah and xterm but I don't really know how to do that. I just downloaded them to see what was in the beta feeds, didn't get anything.... Just peeking. I am far from a programmer. Any advice?
    from cmd line:

df -h

You can look here for more info on this topic:
    How to check free disk space
    Hello,
    I have the same problem.
    A check with df -h shows:
    /dev/mapper/store-root 100% use /
    and
    /dev/mapper/store-root 100% use /dev/.static/dev

The other partitions have at least 30% free - alltogehter 10 Gigs.

What has to be done? I have no Linux knowledge whatsoever.
    Please help.
    check perhaps this thread for a solution of that similar problem:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...e-problem.html
  7.    #7  
    So I got a chance my partitions, here is a screenshot. Any thoughts on what I this means.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This is my error log. Maybe this will help to solve the problem.

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    96 5444k 96 5264k 0 0 194k 0 0:00:28 0:00:27 0:00:01 233k
    100 5444k 100 5444k 0 0 196k 0 0:00:27 0:00:27 --:--:-- 232k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":5, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    install-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Creating backup of existing kernel files ...
    Verifying backup of existing kernel files ...
    Verifying ability to write to target directories ...
    Verifying ability to write to target files ...
    Disabling Palm diagnostics reporting ...
    Installing replacement kernel files ...
    cp: write error: No space left on device
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/ansi_cprng.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/ansi_cprng.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/ansi_cprng.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/authenc.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/authenc.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/authenc.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/lrw.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/lrw.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/lrw.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/serpent.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/serpent.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/serpent.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/twofish.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/twofish.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/twofish.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/twofish_common.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/twofish_common.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/twofish_common.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/xts.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/xts.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/xts.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/crypto/msm/qce.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/crypto/msm/qce.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/crypto/msm/qce.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/crypto/msm/qcedev.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/crypto/msm/qcedev.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/crypto/msm/qcedev.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/crypto/msm/qcrypto.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/crypto/msm/qcrypto.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/crypto/msm/qcrypto.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/libra/librasdioif.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/libra/librasdioif.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/libra/librasdioif.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/lcd.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/lcd.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/lcd.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/net/ipv4/tcp_bic.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/net/ipv4/tcp_bic.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/net/ipv4/tcp_bic.ko
    Fatal error occurred, restoring original files
    Original files restored, we have normality, I repeat we have normality
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad.prerm)
    delete
    Nichts Interessantes.
    failed
    Nichts Interessantes.
    Do you have android installed?
    If so, do you get the same error if you uninstall it?
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    No, no Android on it. Just WebOS and some apps from Preware and HP's App Catalog.
    The only unusual thing that happened so far is that I have blown my calander app by installing ubercalender which produces a blank page after starting the app now. But I don't
    think that this is related.
  11.    #11  
    So I am not having any luck solving this "no space" issue. I think I am just going to try and doctor it, which I have never done. One quick question: Do I have to do a full erase before I doctor for a problem like this, or can I just doctor it as is?
    Do I have to do a full erase before I doctor for a problem like this, or can I just doctor it as is?
    See the other thread where you asked the same questions.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...3-0-4-a-3.html
    I gave up waiting too, follow the instructions you get on the palm website and you will be fine. All you do is put your phone into USB mode and run the doctor.

Once done sign back in and all your apps will start to download, ...Hint, Pause them all and download one at a time, they install much faster that way...

Took me about 10mins to do the doctor and an hour to get all my apps and Preware back on etc. Your photos, music, docs etc don't get wiped as long as you don't do a full erase.

My TP is working just fine now and can download new and updated apps no problem :-)

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities