Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    After 3.0.4 update, many of us with third party covers/cases or some with the Official Touchpad covers can no longer charge their TP's on the touchstone charger. Seems the devs lowered the sensitivity such that the TP has to be even closer to the touchstone. The tolerance used to be around 10mm+ away from the Touchstone. Now it seems it's only 6-7mm.

If the TP is taken out of its third party case, it charges just fine. But that defeats the purpose of the case.

I hope someone can figure this out by comparing the level that was in 3.0.2 and making a patch that restores it to those levels for 3.0.4.

HP just couldn't leave well enough alone.

ALSO SEE HP OFFICIAL SUPPORT THREAD: http://forums.hpwebos.com/t5/HP-Touc...ht/false#M4625
    Last edited by VitaminD; 10/20/2011 at 03:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by VitaminD View Post
    After 3.0.4 update, many of us with third party covers/cases or some with the Official Touchpad covers can no longer charge their TP's on the touchstone charger. Seems the devs lowered the sensitivity such that the TP has to be even closer to the touchstone. The tolerance used to be around 10mm+ away from the Touchstone. Now it seems it's only 6-7mm.

If the TP is taken out of its third party case, it charges just fine. But that defeats the purpose of the case.

I hope someone can figure this out by comparing the level that was in 3.0.2 and making a patch that restores it to those levels for 3.0.4.

HP just couldn't leave well enough alone.
    This totally ticks me off since there wasn't any reason to make that change and I bought a case from HP (Targus Truss) designed for the TP. FYI--everyone I talked to so far at HP has said they didn't make any change...

I called the Butler service last night. They made me doctor before they would elevate the issue. A level 3 engineer is supposed to call me back today or tomorrow. If I get any response I will post back here.
    I have the same problem. I could charge my TP inside my targuss truss tp case before and now I have no charge in the case no matter what orientation, or how much I tinker with it. It charged before I updated to 3.0.4 and now I have to take it out of the case.
    same here. haven't call support yet as I'm going out of town tomorrow but hopefully we can resolve it somehow. It'd be a shame for me to have to switch to the HP case or keep using my Technocel iPad case most of the time (sans travel) just because the touchstone won't work with the Targus case.
  5.    #5  
    What I think they did was to reduce the power going to the induction field as it was interfering with the compass. Doubtful that HP/Palm would remedy the situation.

But you may notice that you compass is far more accurate now that it was under 3.0.2
    chaosdivine likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by CardiffGiant11 View Post
    same here. haven't call support yet as I'm going out of town tomorrow but hopefully we can resolve it somehow. It'd be a shame for me to have to switch to the HP case or keep using my Technocel iPad case most of the time (sans travel) just because the touchstone won't work with the Targus case.
    Is the Technocel case still working with the touchstone?
    What I think they did was to reduce the power going to the induction field as it was interfering with the compass. Doubtful that HP/Palm would remedy the situation.

But you may notice that you compass is far more accurate now that it was under 3.0.2
    Mmm...let's think about this for a minute. Which do you think will be used more often by TP owners--the touchstone or the compass? I bought the touchstone and the case for specific purposes; I didn't buy the TP so I could use the compass...
  8.    #8  
    LOL. Exactly. The things they think to fix and then break.
    Last edited by VitaminD; 10/19/2011 at 06:35 PM.
    The touchpad has a compass 0.o
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

and a gyroscope!

(you didn't wonder when you saw the compass app? )

works with SkyOrb, and I just informed them about the gyro today...they didn't know about it, oddly enough....they are working on it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Thanks for posting this info....I have a Griffin Folio case from Verizon that everyone went nuts over at Slickdeals. It was working perfectly fine w/ the touchstone since early September...that is until the update.

Had no idea there was a compass & can frankly give a sh*%. Who would even use such a feature in something so big & unwieldy as a TP?

Hope this thing gets sorted out...I purchased a slew of them to go along with the TPs I plan to dole out on Xmas to my family
    Quote Originally Posted by soulgrrl View Post
    Thanks for posting this info....I have a Griffin Folio case from Verizon that everyone went nuts over at Slickdeals. It was working perfectly fine w/ the touchstone since early September...that is until the update.

Had no idea there was a compass & can frankly give a sh*%. Who would even use such a feature in something so big & unwieldy as a TP?

Hope this thing gets sorted out...I purchased a slew of them to go along with the TPs I plan to dole out on Xmas to my family
    Okay, I looked at the compass app and SkyOrb. I'm pretty sure I will not be using my TP as a compass at any time other than as a novelty...I definitely won't be taking my TP with me next time I go camping since I don't even know if I would be able to get a wireless signal. The SkyOrb app looks like fun but I would rather be able to charge my TP than play with that. I'm pretty sure that I'm in the majority on this!
    +1
    NM08SRT8 likes this.
    I love my Acase folio, but I don't like now having to pull my TP out of the case every time I want to use the TS. I just hope that HP decides to fix the fix that didn't need fixing in the first place.
    Aye, and I have a cat that has a TouchPad seeking tail. Was much safer with the Targus Truss over it, but now HP goes and ninjas the charging field.
    No changes on our two pads with official cases..

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  17.    #17  
    I also started a thread on the official HP support site:

After 3.0.4 update, touchstone doesn't charge TP i... - Support Community
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    No changes on our two pads with official cases..

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Got one TP with 3.0.4 & an official HP case - will not charge on the touchstone with the case anymore.
    Tried both orientations and off-centering on the touchstone- does not seem to matter.
    Took it out of the case - charges fine. Put it back in the case- will not charge anymore.
    This touchpad-touchstone pair worked fine with 3.0.2.
    Sorry to hear that--most people with the HP case are okay. You might want to report that over at the HP support site (see the post prior to yours for the link VitaminD posted). Might get HP moving faster if they know there is also an issue with the official HP folio cases.
    cjwinnier and sbalarajan like this.

Far more likely to use inductive charging than the compass...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast