Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By chicle11
  1.    #1  
    can we still update OTA our touchpad with homebrew and patches installed? or do they get uninstalled and do we have to re-root it and re-install preware etc...

thanks!
    Also looking for this info...

-Should I uninstall UberKernel first?
    -Should I uninstall ALL patches first?

-Should I plow ahead with the OTA update and everything will be fine?
    Just let it run. Preware has been around for a while and has been through many updates on many devices. The fellas got it worked out to have zero to few problems.
    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYLARKBOY86 View Post
    Just let it run. Preware has been around for a while and has been through many updates on many devices. The fellas got it worked out to have zero to few problems.
    are you saying that we are supposed to leave it on and do nothing and then update OTA and everything will work fine and thats what the devs all say to do?

or are you just saying that but dont really know for sure what happens or what we are supposed to do
    Did the update without uninstalling anything. The kernels don't work, but will be updated soon. Had to uninstall and re-install a few patches (advanced restart options, remove launcher icons), they work fine after re-installing. Still looking around, but seems to be working nicely. Once UK is updated and can OC to 1.5, it should be even better.
    Thanks for the update!
    Yeah, any patches that modify a script or configuration file will likely need to be re-applied, as the modified files will have been overwritten by the official HP version in the update. Same goes for the kernel. I'm personally in no hurry to update, so I'll give it a few days for the dust to settle and for other people to work out the bugs.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    You must remove all themes before the update. Most of my patches were not compatible with 3.0.4, so I took the time to uninstall them before updating, but that is usually not necessary. The overclock kernels are not compatible so you should uninstall them to be safe. I've had no problems over many OTAs on my pre plus and frankenPre 2, so I doubt there will be problems on the TouchPad.

The Homebrew community will update the patches and kernels as time permits. They haven't let us down yet.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by joshtb86a View Post
    are you saying that we are supposed to leave it on and do nothing and then update OTA and everything will work fine and thats what the devs all say to do?

or are you just saying that but dont really know for sure what happens or what we are supposed to do
    Roll eyes.
    SKYLARKBOY86 and mauro1 like this.
    Didn't uninstall anything, now I can't remove muffled system logging anymore :/
    Removed all patches afterwards and couldn't get all of them to reinstall...
    Quote Originally Posted by pistolingo View Post
    The patches that can't be installed have to be updated to work with 3.0.4. The devs probably will have it done pretty soon.
    Just did it myself, no probs aside from remove launcher need to be re-installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by pistolingo View Post
    Just came out today, devs need time to update, while we wait, donations would probably motivate them
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Patch trouble after the update? In preware there are utilities to deal with this, for example "Emergency Patch Repair". Search for "emerg" and you should see them.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    webosinternals suggests waiting for 24hrs and following them on Twitter for guidance. See also...

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...e-patches.html
    If you uninstall the patches, most are not listed for reinstallation running 3.04. I also was not able to uninstall Muffle System Logging. The devs will probably update these soon.