Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
  1.    #1  
    List here the patches that have failed during the 3.0.4 update. Post patches that are having issues so that people know they need to be worked on!

Non-working Patches

- Advanced reset options
    - Incidental
    - Private Browsing
    - E-Mail Launch with Folder View minimized
    - Muffle System Logging
    Last edited by Zen00; 10/18/2011 at 02:50 PM.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Covered in other threads. Nothing new if you're familiar with webOS. Wait a few days and most patches will be fixed.
    mdram and fmarcanojr like this.
    I've uninstalled all my patches and when trying to reinstall I couldn'd reinstall (with various error messages) the following:

- Private Browsing
    - Muffle System Logging
    because patches arent and cant be future proof, just wait a few days and they will get updated in batches and youll be back in action.
    fmarcanojr likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    because patches arent and cant be future proof, just wait a few days and they will get updated in batches and youll be back in action.

Anyways, it seems people don't get the point of this thread.

Post patches that are having issues so that people know they need to be worked on!
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    List here the patches that have failed during the 3.0.4 update. Post patches that are having issues so that people know they need to be worked on!

Non-working Patches

- Advanced reset options
    - Incidental
    - Private Browsing
    - Muffle System Logging
    Advanced reset options works fine it just needs to be uninstalled/reinstalled. Most patches start working after doing that.

Though private browsing won't, and I couldn't uninstall muffle.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    after doctoring, kernels arent working
    The maintainers of each patch know to check in and validate which patches are and aren't working. Also, feel free to go into the preware feeds and manually install patches and then submit them to webos internals for verification into preware. Give and take people, give and take.
    uprisingchuns likes this.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I have noticed the patches are missing from preware since I updated to the latest version of webOS. I have been in preferences, turned the patches feed off then back on, but they do not show up on the list of packages?

Any idea?
    same here...***! lol
    delete and reinstall preware . you can also try a complete reboot, it will fix this sometimes to
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    .. I think we need to wait for the patches to get updated.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    The patches haven't been updated to 3.0.4 yet, so they don't show up, because they have support for no higher than webOS 3.0.2. I don't know when they'll become available, a week maybe, i would say a fortnight at most.
    Touchpad 16GB 3.0.5
    Pre 2 2.2.4
    I did not remove any of the patches before updating to 3.0.4. After the OTA update, Preware still showed all the patches as installed, ofcourse none of them actually worked. I then proceeded to uninstall all of the patches one by one. The problem is that the, 'Muffle System Logging' patch, refuses to uninstall. Any ideas on how uninstall this? Alternately, once an updated patch is released, will I simply be able to install that patch over this? Thanks.

IPKG Log:
    Code:
    begin

Nothing Interesting.

failed

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging.prerm 2>&1

Unreversed patch detected!  Ignore -R? [n] 

Apply anyway? [n] 

12 out of 12 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/PmLog.conf.rej

1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/PmLogContexts.conf.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/uploadd.conf.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.configurator.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.eas.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imaccountvalidator.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imap.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imlibpurple.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imyahoo.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.location.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.mmsservice.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.pop.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.skype.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.skypevalidator.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.smsservice.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.smtp.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.stservice.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.yahoo.service.rej

begin

Nothing Interesting.

failed

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging.prerm 2>&1

Apply anyway? [n] 

12 out of 12 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/PmLog.conf.rej

1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/PmLogContexts.conf.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/uploadd.conf.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.configurator.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.eas.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imaccountvalidator.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imap.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imlibpurple.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imyahoo.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.location.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.mmsservice.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.pop.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.skype.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.skypevalidator.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.smsservice.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.smtp.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.stservice.service.rej

Apply anyway? [n] 

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.yahoo.service.rej
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I am pretty sure that it has been said (many times) in the various tangled threads since update 3.0.4, that you can safely LEAVE all your patches installed and as the hero's at Homebrew HQ test the patches for 3.0.4 compatability they will be released and THEN automatically included in your update feeds as appropriate..

So just leave any stuck patches at least until the updates start flowing.. possibly in a couple of days.

If 'MSL' then stays stuck, you might have to get further advice on removing it manually?

Something like that anyway!

Enjoy!

There seems to be a common theme in some of the threads today. We need to be a bit patient waiting for these patch updates.

It's worth remembering that there are still companies running XP and Vista, that haven't upgraded all their pc's to Windows 7 because there are still applications that do not work correctly with Windows 7 and these are paid for applications, often with paid support and Windows 7 has been out for 2 years.

So if the guys that are making these patches for free, take a few days or a few weeks to update some of these patches for the webOS 3.0.4 release, we shouldn't be too worried about that at this stage.
    sfbayguy likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jshat View Post
    Advanced reset options works fine it just needs to be uninstalled/reinstalled. Most patches start working after doing that.
    I uninstalled Advanced reset options. rebooted.
    Opened preware, but can't find it anymore.
    What am I doing wrong ?

I also get a long error when I open preware.
    Then everything seems to load fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by jshat View Post

Though private browsing won't, and I couldn't uninstall muffle.
    How are you uninstalling and reinstalling? The patches aren't in the feeds.

Quote Originally Posted by TPster View Post
    I uninstalled Advanced reset options. rebooted.
    Opened preware, but can't find it anymore.
    What am I doing wrong ?

I also get a long error when I open preware.
    Then everything seems to load fine.
    You are doing nothing wrong, so far of my 11 patches I use only 2 have been updated so far.

The patches still on your device are not broken, they have not been updated to 3.0.4 compatible. Once they are verified/updated to 3.0.4 compatible, as long as you don't remove the package that is showing as installed, you will be prompted to update them.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    lrn2swim likes this.
    ^ That
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

+1 ^
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast