Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
    There are now 13 patches that come up. Nothing too great yet. It's all good though. Not like these guys are getting paid to update all this preware stuff. I'm just going to hold off using my TP until they get Remove Tap Ripple back because that ripple is the bane of my existence. For some reason I invariably touch the wrong spot on the screen and hit the wrong link or whatever. That ripple throws me off a bit.
    ....."Not like these guys are getting paid to update all this preware stuff"......

They DO, however, take donations......
    Yes it's pretty much on their free time. In between work, and school, and wives, and kids, and life, and so on, and so on.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Also remember some of these folks are students, and this week for many students is mid-terms.

As to the general topic, remember patches aren't updated or approved and put into the feeds all at once.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    i cant find advanced reset options either in preware and i have the beta feeds enabled. any reason why it disappeared. it doesnt even show up as installed on my TP
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    its not that there are no patches, its that we are getting an error in preware when trying to load that feed. I am having the same problem, and will try the restart and reinstall preware to see if that works.
    Quote Originally Posted by ishmoo21 View Post
    i cant find advanced reset options either in preware and i have the beta feeds enabled. any reason why it disappeared. it doesnt even show up as installed on my TP
    Use the German (DE) version until patches are updated to 3.0.4.. I saw it on Preware today and installed it.
    Are you certain it's that feed and not another feed you have enabled? I have not yet had a feed error on 3.0.4.

I am guessing it is a different feed giving you errors, if the patch feed were actually down we would be seeing this from more people.

Feel free to either post your error message here or list all the feeds you have turned on.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    When trying to update the list of available packages in the webos-patches feed it says "An error occurred, return value 1"

Click OK and Preware loads up without the patches feed included.
    Never seen that error, thought you were talking about the Feeds Error that I have seen before where you get an "error unable to load feed" message (or something similar).

Have you checked the WiKi or searched the Preware thread here?
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Just to back up the previous comment, also installed DE version and works fine for now.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I don't get any error. PreWare just doesn't indicate any updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by mejifair View Post
    When trying to update the list of available packages in the webos-patches feed it says "An error occurred, return value 1"

Click OK and Preware loads up without the patches feed included.
    I get it too.
    First Error is "Unable to run command: /usr/bin/ipkg -o/media/cryptofs/apps update 2>&1

Then a whole bunch of "downloading" of lists of packages then finally - ERROR:Command failed with return value 1:
    and a reference to "http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/testing/3.0.4/Packages.gz"
    which makes me think that package is unavailable for some reason.

Anyone else, is this what you see?

UPDATE: Easy enough to fix. I went into Manage Feeds and turned off the "testing" feed and closed and ran preware again. No error.
    Last edited by nunjabusiness; 10/20/2011 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Solution found
    Just my two cents. I get this error every once in a while while waiting for new patches to pop up in preware. I think one of the feeds is just non responsive and is causes a... well flustercuck with the system and doesnt get anything from the feeds. Usually i just wait ten/fifteen minutes or so and boom, the feeds are back. Then again im not a doctor.
    The Touchpad has landed. Ordered 8-21 Delivered 10-10. 32gb at 1.5ghz.
    I get it too.
    First Error is "Unable to run command: /usr/bin/ipkg -o/media/cryptofs/apps update 2>&1

Then a whole bunch of "downloading" of lists of packages then finally - ERROR:Command failed with return value 1:
    and a reference to "http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/testing/3.0.4/Packages.gz"
    which makes me think that package is unavailable for some reason.

Anyone else, is this what you see?

UPDATE: Easy enough to fix. I went into Manage Feeds and turned off the "testing" feed and closed and ran preware again. No error.
    You should read testing.preware.org ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    If I run Preware just after a Luna restart, everything works fine. If I run it after a while (not sure how long), it loads up all the apps lists and then hangs spinning on me.

This has only started since I upgraded to 3.0.4 of WebOS. Has anyone else seen this?

Alan
    I had to run epr to remove the patch. I had the same issues.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    try a luna restart. That cleared up the issue for me.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Sorry, but that doesn't fix It for good. Its just gone again - spinning on 'reading saved packages'.

Alan
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    strange because that is the exact same problem I had and one luna restart cleared it right up.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast