1.    #1  
    Sorry for the rookie question, but I want to make sure I do the overclocking properly. I've installed Preware and under kernel the is - Uberkernel (Touchpad) v3.0.2-68. Is this the kernel for overclocking to 1.5 that I need to install?
    yep
  3.    #3  
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Make sure you have also installed Govnah from Preware. That will allow you to run the kernels.
    hey guys sorry I am a nb to this whole overclocking thing I first changed the logging of my tp to minimal then I installed preware and then installed Govnah I was expecting to be at 1.5mhz but my tp is reading at 1.9mhz did I do something wrong? I mean I don't mind the speed but I don't want to mess up my brand new tp if iam running something that is not stable. I've been using it all day and nothing has gone wrong but just want to be cautions . Well thanks
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dar1078 View Post
    hey guys sorry I am a nb to this whole overclocking thing I first changed the logging of my tp to minimal then I installed preware and then installed Govnah I was expecting to be at 1.5mhz but my tp is reading at 1.9mhz did I do something wrong? I mean I don't mind the speed but I don't want to mess up my brand new tp if iam running something that is not stable. I've been using it all day and nothing has gone wrong but just want to be cautions . Well thanks
    Did you install Uberkernel or one of the testing kernels? Uberkernel is the stable one, in Govanah select OnDemand1512 Profile and you'll be set.
    Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    Did you install Uberkernel or one of the testing kernels? Uberkernel is the stable one, in Govanah select OnDemand1512 Profile and you'll be set.
    hey thanks for the info but got another question,I have the correct kernel installed but it will sometimes switch and go to 1.5mhz then sometimes go to 192 MHz does this mean its running at 1.9mhz ,sorry for the rookie question just trying to make sure it is running the stable kernel.again thanx for any additional help
    hey thanks for the info but got another question,I have the correct kernel installed but it will sometimes switch and go to 1.5mhz then sometimes go to 192 MHz does this mean its running at 1.9mhz ,sorry for the rookie question just trying to make sure it is running the stable kernel.again thanx for any additional help

the CPU slows down to 192 when not in use , use apps and its will go back to 1.5 . It does this to save power just like CPU 2 is only used on heavy load

And don't worry ask what ever you want were al here to help

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison