Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    link removed, playing pingus instead
    Last edited by grazzt; 10/19/2011 at 07:09 AM.
    bedrock#WN likes this.
    Nice, should be in preware!

I realize that a lot of homebrew apps are not in preware btw. Like the dosbox port and others...
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    HPuser likes this.
    CAREFUL!

The reason Caveman is in the catalog is Sony sent the guy a letter to stop or get sued as they own the rights to Lemmings.

Just FYI!

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
  4.    #4  
    Ok, New version up does not include the data directory, I dont know if the data is "ok" or not, its left up to user to download the data dir and manually install it.

So the ipk only has the executable.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Is this allowed. I remembered there was a Lemmings in the works for the Pre as well, but it was forced to be stopped due to copyright/IP. Hence the caveman alternative wasn't it.

Update: DJeremyC beat me to it
    Thanks GrazzT - have always loved this game.
    Great game, thanks.

Is it possible to add the fast forward button? It appears to be missing and really helps for later levels.

Thanks again, great game.
    I used the ipk and added the data from the linux version
    I can hear music.
    But when I choose 1 player, the card closes.
    I also used the ipk and linux version, it's main menu music only. 1-player works for me though, hmm.
    Having played 1-player for a little bit, I say good job! Definitely needs a speed boost though, considering that the original lemmings was designed to run on a 25Mhz processor
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    I also used the ipk and linux version, it's main menu music only. 1-player works for me though, hmm.
    Having played 1-player for a little bit, I say good job! Definitely needs a speed boost though, considering that the original lemmings was designed to run on a 25Mhz processor
    weird, uninstalled, downloaded again, reinstalled, still closes out with 1 player, 2 player asks for server address. I wonder if something else is conflicting.
    @ grazzt

thanks works great!

btw, do you remember what the +/- i icons mean at the bottom of the screen :-)
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
    Quote Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
    btw, do you remember what the +/- i icons mean at the bottom of the screen :-)
    Increase/Decrease Lemming release rate, I believe.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  13.    #13  
    If you want it to run in the normal speed, run it in the ubuntu chroot.

Yep, it runs better in there, than natively.

I swear, the SDL that webos ships with is messed up or something.
    Increase/Decrease Lemming release rate, I believe.
    ah thanks mate...brings back memories playing the original game on my Amiga 500 back in the day :-)
    AmigaOS lives !
    Yeah, I played it on an Acorn Archimedes. Good times, that, SWIV and Mad Professor Mariarti.

also grazzt, how did you get it to run in the chroot? The linux version gives me an 'Unable to execute' error which i presume is down to it being compiled for x86. I tried to download the source but it spits out make errors regarding cmake caches and working directories. I'm afraid i don't have quite enough knowledge of compiling yet to bodge it into working.
  16.    #16  
    Youre going to have to copy the executable from the apk to somewhere that the ubuntu chroot can see. Same with another data dir. Might have to apt-get install the correct sdl packages as well.

Sounds only sometimes works in ubuntu, but man, at least it runs at the correct speed.

You can get even hit s to speed it to double speed.

So I guess unless the rendering gets changed to opengl, its going to be slow natively. beats me.

Its not like its unplayable natively, but its slower than it should be.
    Not to be nitpicky (but I will anyway ), the original release of Lemmings was for the Amiga running at 7.14 MHz.
    How exactly do I copy the data directory to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.grazzt.lemmings? I downloaded the linux version and copied the .gz file to the above directory using internals pro. But I can't open the .gz file and when I click on the lemmings icon, it Luna restarts my touchpad...
    Worked Perfectly! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by chex_bomb View Post
    How exactly do I copy the data directory to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.grazzt.lemmings? I downloaded the linux version and copied the .gz file to the above directory using internals pro. But I can't open the .gz file and when I click on the lemmings icon, it Luna restarts my touchpad...
    this is how I did it all on my Touchpad:
    download & install the ipk file then download the zip version for linux from the link provided, unzip it with 'tractor' or equivalent in the TP or on your PC & copy only the data directory to the above noted dir listed above
    AmigaOS lives !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast