Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    I am not happy with 1.5 as I still see a lot of lag doing many tasks. Can someone tell me when the widespread stable release of 1.7 is coming to UberKernel via Preware? I don't have the patience to be an alpha or beta tester. I just want a easy to install stable release.
    Quote Originally Posted by saintforlife View Post
    I am not happy with 1.5 as I still see a lot of lag doing many tasks. Can someone tell me when the widespread stable release of 1.7 is coming to UberKernel via Preware? I don't have the patience to be an alpha or beta tester. I just want a easy to install stable release.
    Can't answer your question but I've been on F15C for a good month now with no problems. Until webOS as software is optimized all around, brute CPU speed isn't going to fix the lag. I still get lag on my 1.7.
    Probably never, as 1.5 is stable, and 1.7 isn't necessarily stable. They constantly change things with each update, so a lower version might be stable, and a later version unstable, and then a later version might be stable and so on, and so on.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2Ę about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Probably the eventual stable 1.7 overclock will have to come via the existing but later to be stabilised alpha/beta kernels. Uberkernel already stable at 1.5, yes.

Any one know which kernel is utilised by CM7 Android? 1.7Ghz?
    they have said a few times, its not that it can't do it, its down to the fact not everyone's hardware WON'T choke on 1.7 and die, 1.5 looks fine as its the processors normal speed neways as were underclocked to 1.2 as standard.
    From what I've been reading, the speed is more to do with webOS than the hardware. So I'd sit tight at 1.5ghz till 3.0.4 comes out sometime soon, which is said to bring much needed fixes and speed improvements.

More on subject: if you lower your "Up threshold" in Govnah from 95% to say 90 or 85%, you will increase the CPU response (snappiness) greatly. My only issue is fir some reason Govnah will not keep my saved profile with those changed settings.
    HP Touchpad 16GB, webOS 3.0.4, UberKernel 3.0.4-68 @ 1.5Ghz
    HTC Evo 4G, Mynís Synergy ROM RLS1 (Android 2.3.3)
    B&N NOOKcolor, Phiremod 7.1 (Android 2.3.7), @ 1.1Ghz
    Quote Originally Posted by rico2001 View Post
    From what I've been reading, the speed is more to do with webOS than the hardware. So I'd sit tight at 1.5ghz till 3.0.4 comes out sometime soon, which is said to bring much needed fixes and speed improvements.

More on subject: if you lower your "Up threshold" in Govnah from 95% to say 90 or 85%, you will increase the CPU response (snappiness) greatly. My only issue is fir some reason Govnah will not keep my saved profile with those changed settings.
    you have to "save as" a new profile and the settings should stick.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    you have to "save as" a new profile and the settings should stick.
    Yes I know, have saved multiple profiles, none will permanently hold. I have posted my issue on the Govnah's thread over the past few weeks. I've tried everything I can think of, from uninstall, re-installs of both the kernel and govnah, different versions of both govnah and uberkernel, from different profile names to different governor selections. No saved profile of mine will stay more than 8 hours or so, then my default uberkernel profile get re-selected by govnah.
    HP Touchpad 16GB, webOS 3.0.4, UberKernel 3.0.4-68 @ 1.5Ghz
    HTC Evo 4G, Mynís Synergy ROM RLS1 (Android 2.3.3)
    B&N NOOKcolor, Phiremod 7.1 (Android 2.3.7), @ 1.1Ghz
    do you guys think that something like a 1.6ghz kernel would work, sort of a balance between 1.5ghz and 1.7ghz kernels that are out now.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I'm running F4 at 1.8/Noop/Westwood with 3.0.4 and this thing is fast. I ran F4 a few months ago and it wasn't very stable for me. But what ever unixpsycho did in that time made it very stable. Half the time I don't get the cards loading screen first. Everything just opens right away. Very impressed.
    Hi all,

FYI......see link.

Take care,

Jay

Overclock an HP TouchPad to 1.7 GHz with UberKernel for webOS 3.0.4

Overclock an HP TouchPad to 1.7 GHz with UberKernel for webOS 3.0.4 - Liliputing

When HP pushed the webOS 3.0.4 software update for the HP TouchPad last week, it added support for OGG Vorbis audio files as well as a new camera app and performance improvements. Unfortunately the update also broke any custom kernels users may have installed.

But just a few days later the developers behind UberKernel produced a new beta version of the popular custom kernel for the TouchPad. Using UberKernel for webOS 3.0.4 you can overclock the tabletís processor to run at speeds as high as 1.7 GHz. Normally the TouchPadís Qualcomm Snapdragon dual core processor runs at 1.2 GHz.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

FYI......see link.

Take care,

Jay

Overclock an HP TouchPad to 1.7 GHz with UberKernel for webOS 3.0.4 - Liliputing

When HP pushed the webOS 3.0.4 software update for the HP TouchPad last week, it added support for OGG Vorbis audio files as well as a new camera app and performance improvements. Unfortunately the update also broke any custom kernels users may have installed.

But just a few days later the developers behind UberKernel produced a new beta version of the popular custom kernel for the TouchPad. Using UberKernel for webOS 3.0.4 you can overclock the tabletís processor to run at speeds as high as 1.7 GHz. Normally the TouchPadís Qualcomm Snapdragon dual core processor runs at 1.2 GHz.
    Hey I saw this info too, but wondering if any of you are not seeing the 1.7 GHz option even after updating Uberkernel.

I installed the beta feeds and did see the Uberkernel update. It installed and I do get 1.5 GHz again, but oddly enough the beta update disappeared from Preware on me.

I do see other beta patches etc so it isn't broken in the sense of having all the betas disappear, but under Kernels I just see 3 and of them and the only Beta listed is F4 Phantom (TouchPad). I was considering removing Uberkernel and re-installing it, but I'm fearing that if I do it won't be available to re-install.

Thoughts / Ideas?

Thanks - Neil
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubskey View Post
    I'm running F4 at 1.8/Noop/Westwood with 3.0.4 and this thing is fast. I ran F4 a few months ago and it wasn't very stable for me. But what ever unixpsycho did in that time made it very stable. Half the time I don't get the cards loading screen first. Everything just opens right away. Very impressed.
    Same experience here. No problems with F4 and running very fast.
    I have both alpha and beta feeds enabled, but I haven't seen the updated UberKernel. I still show 3.0.4-68 for September 23 (before the 3.0.4 update). I've been running Phantom mostly since it was updated, and just this morning switched to Warthog. In 3.0.2 I found more stability out of Warthog than either Phantom or F15C in my day to day use.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    slamdunksaliby likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

FYI......see link.

Take care,

Jay

FYI: that article is just plain wrong.

-- Rod
    LinuxKoss likes this.
    So is 3.0.4-68 compatible with 3.0.4 on the Touchpad?

I'm assuming so hence "3.0.4" in the release number..

Sorry, I've been out of doing this for quite some time now, last thing I used Preware on was a Sprint Pixi, and that was a loooong time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    So is 3.0.4-68 compatible with 3.0.4 on the Touchpad?
    If it wasn't, it wouldn't have 3.0.4 in the version number.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    The problem is that most of us are spoilt silly by the Pre's eminently overclockable OMAP SoC which only grins and gets warm when it's overclocked to 200%. Yet people complained that Palm didn't use Snapdragons, because, you know, other companies were.
    Now that we're stuck with Snapdragons that you can get back to their original clock speed but which don't like being overclocked so much, people realize that the grass wasn't really greener on the other side after all.

I still hope our kernel geniuses will eventually be able to get Snapdragon overclocking under control well enough to actually get commonly stable overclocks out to everyone. If not, 1.5GHz at a 80% threshold is nice and quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubskey View Post
    I agree! I set my F4 to 1.8/Noop/Veno/65% threshold rate and it's blazing fast.. I"ve had it reboot one time when I had 6 cards open, playing music, trying to stream data, and other stuff. Other than that, fast stable, good batt life.. can't complain.
  20.    #20  
    Any update on this? Are we any closer to getting a stable 1.7 GHz overclock thru UberKernel?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast