Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1.    #1  
    The first hulu fix that was in Preware seems to be missing now. I know it doesn't solve the Hulu problem anymore, but it did have a nice side effect of fixing most websites to not use the mobile version. I've been trying to share it with some of my friends, but they can't find it in Preware anymore. Does anyone know what happened to it?

    I know I never setup the testing feeds, so to have it on my TouchPad, it must have been in the main feeds. Either that, or I'm going crazy -- that's been known to happen.
  2. #2  
    I believe it was removed because it stopped working. Try these two threads for alternative fixes.

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-hulu-fix.html

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ch-needed.html
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    I realize it doesn't help with Hulu anymore, but it does help with other websites. Is there any chance we can get it back, maybe under another name?
  4. #4  
    I'm 90% sure it was PufftheMagic that created that patch. Try sending them a PM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  5. c000's Avatar
    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #5  
    funny, I was asking ncinerate about this a couple days ago.

    originally I thought he made the first patch too, but not quite 100% his work (he helped someone else-I forget who)

    reason why I noticed it was gone b/c some other non-hulu sites stopped working. Apparently the hulu patched fixed more than just hulu, so in that regard, there was still some usefulness to the old patch. Only I didn't know until AFTER I removed the patch. Doh!

    but fear not! You can basically manually alter your system to mimic what the old patch did. The instructions are in the new hulu fix topic

    (I believe its this part)

    now type or copy and paste the following lines into the terminal window. Hit enter after each line:

    mount -o remount,rw /

    cd /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins

    cp libflashplayer.so libflashplayer.so.bak

    sed -i 's/WEB 10/WIN 10/' libflashplayer.so

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions