Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By geekpeter
  1.    #1  
    Anyone ever thought of making a patch to rotate the HP logo while the TP boots?

Most of us probably use the TP most of the time in Landscape mode and the boot logo is only in Portrait mode...

Pretty useless request isn't it? but it bugs me so I thought I might not be the only one and would post it anyhow!

(really wish my Linux skills would be more extensive than they are right now, I'd probably work on it... just for the fun of it!)
    HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

If you like the help I am providing
    Support my work:

Its too bad its only two frames of animation, otherwise you could make one that rotates.. Heh

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  3.    #3  
    I guess I would rather only have landscape than only portrait...

For all I know it's probably as stupid as opening the picture file with an image editor and rotating it 90 clockwise...
    HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

Support my work:

That is actually about all that you'd need to do. I changed my boot logo some time ago (it's on the gvoice blog, in my sig), and it was pretty darn easy to do. Google for changing webOS boot logo

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    It pretty much is.. Lol I'll see what I can do.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Replace the logo images with ones that show four smaller logos, with one facing every direction. Easiest solution.

Personally if I was going to replace the logo, I wouldn't use an HP logo at all, but there you go.
    you would have to edit the code that cycles the 2 images to cycling 4 or more. In the mean time the two are replaceable but not with gifs or other animations afaikafaikafaik
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
  8.    #8  
    OK got it done and working thank's for all the tips and answers.
    HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

Support my work:

I'd love to see Jason R. incorporate the boot logo switch into his WOSQI app like it used to be before webOS 2.0 came, but I don't know if it would be possible.
    Ha.. Landscape mode = Lateral Thinking!
    (Something HP still appear to have some 'difficulty' with!).

I saved the 'old' logos on my PC, renamed my new boot logo PNG files to 'hp-logo' and 'hp-logo-bright' then used Quickinstall to here: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/ in Touchpad..
    and rotating them prior to installing brought them up correctly in landscape mode.

Attaching the (slightly enlarged) 'HP' logo for landscape with speakers down.

I really like this HAL 9000 Logo too:

PreThemer // HAL 9000 Palm Pre Boot Logo

Using the two 'bright' but different sized 'HAL' logos attached gives an interesting concentric 'fade' effect too!

Presumably the very initial 'HP' (portrait) booting logo is wrapped up in the 'kernel' script?

But any Patch would be also great.. yes!

+1

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/12/2011 at 06:33 AM.
  11.    #11  
    Going from 2 to 4 image cycle might not be that hard. I'm gonna ping UnixPsycho and see if what he did with his F4 Kernel boot sequence can help us here. If the boot image process is embedded in the kernel anyone who is developing a kernel for the TP might be able to include a config file to establish number of files and file names in the sequence...

We'll see what comes out !
    HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

Support my work:

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I'd love to see Jason R. incorporate the boot logo switch into his WOSQI app like it used to be before webOS 2.0 came, but I don't know if it would be possible.
    I just use wifi media sync to send the files then internalz to replace. Just did it with the blurry grass exhibition clock background on the Pre2 (nice interfacelift image). Just don't forget to change file types to PNG.

Next up... replacing all HP boot logos on all devices.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I just use wifi media sync to send the files then internalz to replace. Just did it with the blurry grass exhibition clock background on the Pre2 (nice interfacelift image). Just don't forget to change file types to PNG.

Next up... replacing all HP boot logos on all devices.
    to a battered and bruised penguin holding 1 flipper towards the sky.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Now someone needs to get me that image! and one that it can fade
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  15.    #15  
    OK it's not a battered penguin but he's cool!
    HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

Support my work:

so far i only see zombie pics etc :|

some form of combo would be epic.