Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    maybe you can write your own little howto on how to get things going? Ive read the thread, and its pretty much confusing on what works and what doesnt.

not sure what speed we should expect either, maybe a low endish pentium 3 speed, or pentium 2 speed?
    Kind of hard to tell anything about speed when running Windows Notepad, but it has -cpu model settings for up to a P3.

The version of qemu-1386 that's working is, I think 0.12.2, I've tried it with version .14 and .15 but no go. Getting it running is not too difficult, actually - This Page: ( Running native i386 linux binaries - Page 12 - maemo.org - Talk ) has the relevant info:

Download this file:

http://www.onsitedentalsystems.com/wine.tar.gz

And then follow these instructions from user "orokusaki":

"Post #116
    what to do with wine.tar.gz

Move everything from bin into your /usr/bin
    Move gnemul to your /usr
    Move wine folder to your /usr/lib so you have /usr/lib/wine

mkdir /user/.wine
    unzip wine.zip /user/.wine

To fix dosdevices:
    cd /user/.wine/dosdevices
    ln -s ../drive_c c:

*when I say fix dosdevices make it to where this is a valid path
    /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows get it?
    *my user is root so mkdir /root/.wine

then run
    /usr/bin/qemu-i386 /usr/bin/wineserver
    /usr/bin/qemu-i386 /usr/bin/wine-pthread notepad.exe

See what happens.. what errors you get.

Dont forget the files you copy into /usr/bin must be executable
    chmod 755 wine*"

EDIT: Just so there's no confusion. This is a procedure to get Wine running in a Debian or Ubuntu Chroot - not in Native webOS.

I can run Notepad, Solitare, even Program Manager (I thought maybe I could try executing another file using it but no go, oh well.) This setup won't run any of the Wine configuration utilities, either. Also, I don't recommend trying any of the other builds or files in the thread. Just sayin'. . .
    Last edited by kayphoonstar; 11/14/2011 at 07:38 PM.
    Ok, followed above, and it works like you said, notepad works.

Couldnt get iexplore.exe to work, well, it didnt crash, but also didnt show anything, so maybe I just didnt wait long enough.

Can newer wines be used? 0.9.14 is from 2006.

Oh well, still something cool to sort of play around with.
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    Ok, followed above, and it works like you said, notepad works.

Couldnt get iexplore.exe to work, well, it didnt crash, but also didnt show anything, so maybe I just didnt wait long enough.

Can newer wines be used? 0.9.14 is from 2006.

Oh well, still something cool to sort of play around with.
    As I read the threads, they're re-compiling qemu, but I can't figure out what's going on with Wine. I'm thinking about moving a wine install from a pc Ubuntu machine, just to see what happens - there are dependency issues though. I haven't gotten anything to run outside of the Windows dir, but I think IE needs some Wine-gecko help.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12