1.    #1  
    I've installed all of the patches to speed up the TP but I'm wondering whether I should overclock it to 1.5 or not. Does it make that much of a difference? How likely is it that something could go wrong? If something did go wrong, could you fix it with the doctor? Sorry for all the questions just trying to figure all of this out. Thanks!

(sorry for posting this twice, didn't mean too)
    Last edited by BuddyHM17; 10/10/2011 at 11:37 PM.
    Yes.

(seriously)

Just do it.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Try the uberkernel, I've been using it now for a couple of months now and like the bump in speed and battery life is the same if not a little better. A few weeks ago the Govnah app was updated and it set my Touchpad back to the stock setting. I was using my TouchPad and I was thinking to myself that it seemed a little sluggish, opened up the Govnah app and sure enough, it was clocked at 1.2 GHz, so to me there was a difference in performance between the 2 kernels. Give it a try
    All depends upon how much you value your TouchPad & how lucky you are:
    • If you can afford to chance burning the CPU out faster and performance is of the upmost importance - try it.
    • If you want longevity at the cost of performance, keeping the CPU within safe temperatures (since there is no fan or cooling ducts to grab fresh air) then leave it stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelkos View Post
    All depends upon how much you value your TouchPad & how lucky you are:
    • If you can afford to chance burning the CPU out faster and performance is of the upmost importance - try it.
    • If you want longevity at the cost of performance, keeping the CPU within safe temperatures (since there is no fan or cooling ducts to grab fresh air) then leave it stock.
    Yes.. but 'stock' on identically chipped and vented TP's then 'became' 1.5Ghz as part of a planned sequence of 'upgrades' didn't it?
    Reckon the Qualcomm APQ8060 should be happy doing 1.5Ghz all day.. and all night!

Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Try the uberkernel, I've been using it now for a couple of months now and like the bump in speed and battery life is the same if not a little better. A few weeks ago the Govnah app was updated and it set my Touchpad back to the stock setting. I was using my TouchPad and I was thinking to myself that it seemed a little sluggish, opened up the Govnah app and sure enough, it was clocked at 1.2 GHz, so to me there was a difference in performance between the 2 kernels. Give it a try
    Interesting, after reading your post, I went and checked and indeed, the clock speed was reset to 1.2GHz, and I was wondering this morning why the sluggishness. I now reset to 1.5GHz, and it "feels" faster. Ah, no quantitative measure! Thank you
    I have overclocked every one of my webOS devices (3 palm pre-, 1 Palm Pre 2, 2 touchpads) and I have never had any problems. The only difference i've ever noticed is a dramatic upgrade in the overall performance of the device.
    I notice no difference at all on the overclock. Setting io scheduler to noop does seem to have a huge boost in latency though.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: