Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by moliva View Post
    Okay I tried the latest posted ipk a couple of posts up. It sort of works but not properly.

The inputs don't seem to work every time I push them but if I push them a bunch of times in succession then they work some of the times. Like if I hold right or left nothing happens but if I keep spamming right or left then the character will turn and sort of inch just a little bit.

Also the buttons are similar. If I hit them once then they don't usually do anything but hit them a bunch of times and then I can jump or fire or whatever.

Just to confirm that my iCade was paired correctly to WebOS and functioning properly I tried No Gravity and the iCade controls there worked fine.

Also, confirming what Aganar said and correcting what I've previously said, the iCade controls do indeed seem to do one letter when you push the stick in a direction or a button down and another when you let go and release. So it seems that for example holding the stick right generates a w alone which signifies go right and keep going right while releasing the stick generates the e which signals stop going right.
    wouldnt that mean hold right = continuous W and releasing simply stops the W and resets to nothing?
  2.    #42  
    Okay the results are pretty much as expected, as pretty much verified but what you guys are posting anyways.

So I should now know the logic to fix it, but I still want to verify some things. (basic logic is if w is detected send "joystick up events" until e is detected, etc)

Those with icades, can you do the following 3 things in an application that accepts text (so just type, an xterm, a web browswer, whatever) and paste the results.

1) Hold up on the icade, then slowly do a clockwise circle, try to complete the circle in about 2 seconds, and try to make sure you get all 8 directions.

2) Hold diagonally up-left on the joystick, and as holding that, press and hold the first 3 buttons, hold the buttons for a second or two, release the buttons, wait a second, then release up-left.

3) Go crazy on the icade for 4-5 seconds, just hit random buttons and directions as fast as you can, now dont go super nuts and break the thing, but try to do as many random things as possible and as fast as possible.

And as just as rant, I guess iOS devices have problems with detecting up/down kbd events? Otherwise I have no idea why they built the icade like this. shrug.
    okay so this is me holding up then doing a clockwise circle quickly.

wdexcazwqe

and again

wdexcazwqe

gets the same result.

2) Diagonally up left on the stick and first three (lower row) buttons at the same time for a few seconds then release the buttons, wait another couple of seconds and release the stick:

hkjwapnrqe

h=lower first (from left) button pressed down, k=lower 3rd button pressed, j=lower 2nd button pressed, wa=stick held down in upper left corner

p=lower 3rd button released, n=lower 2nd button released, r=lower 1st button released, qe=stick released from upper left corner.

okay now I will just randomly spam all the buttons and stick positions as fast as I can:

xozgalqxahzrqhdytrxcazvjliqvnoldmgjwvnijluhfmncjakrunpvfhlqkdejpncriauhmfqdkwuiropcmfaghjkpneqdkcoia pgmqvdxkluzpfcawvlieuqxdvmfljkzucnprfaqxhiduofrgzmchiauvfmlyjoivntmqdglxkiupvcfzmalvliuqdmfikpcramhk qpdvriocuagfmhjqklxpyunfkjunzdfvpklitcpyjmkipvnljmritvnmiuytyomtkfgpjlhkrpvnauythflwqekpdxycuazvftrh qlxdovgzcawlyufteqxdjnzcwaexqkjdyzpncwaufetvqdxlkufrzhcpakjwnepqdxkjiponvmcgzlavjnluqvrf

lol hope of all that helps some?

I don't know why they did it this way. Seems like one letter like WASD would be easier. :-/ Unfortunately, it's what we're stuck with on the device and there's no way I know of to remapp it. Otherwise it's a pretty cool device though. They're going pretty cheap now and worth grabbing IMO if you can get a deal on one. I know Bed Bath and Beyond and some Macys have marked them down half off.
    I downloaded eReader from homebrew and I also have Adobe reader and Kindle on my HP tablet. I downloaded a book with a .epub extension. Tried opening it using My eReader. I can see the title of the book listed, but the cursor just hangs. Can anyone help?
    Not sure how much different (under the hood) this version is to Mame4droid for Android

The icade works really really well on that (on the touchpad too running xron version of Alpha CM7 droid) mame4droid has an option to select icade as the controller, but I have no idea on how the developer added this to the android port

Once you select a rom in mame4droid you then get presented with a config screen for changing buttons, controllers, keymapping etc before you can even play the game

I have no idea like I say about how this would even begin to compare to grazzt version or even if they use the same source
  6.    #46  
    Thanks for the post moliva, thats what I expected.

Now jump on one leg while doing 5 hadoukens on the icade.....

And while mame4droid and mame4all probably started at the same code base, there has been a huge change to mame4droid with specific code changes only for android, making it very hard to pick out what would work on webos

eg, almost all the SDL code has been removed, and instead uses androids graphic/input handling.

I dont mind adding this icade support and just leaving it how it is, because I dont think it should be too hard. Im just not the type of programmer that can probably do a whole rewrite. Im much more suited to take already fairly complete projects and doing slightish modifictions/porting so it works on webos (like dosbox).

And I think Ive said it before, webos future is ???, its going open source, so who knows what that will lead to, we have android (which I have stated is 192837192873 times better for emulators, and for most stuff), and also now native linux distros being ported.

Am I even making sense? lol.

Anyway, I will make an updated ipk with hopefully working icade controls sometime this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    Thanks for the post moliva, thats what I expected.

Now jump on one leg while doing 5 hadoukens on the icade.....

And while mame4droid and mame4all probably started at the same code base, there has been a huge change to mame4droid with specific code changes only for android, making it very hard to pick out what would work on webos

eg, almost all the SDL code has been removed, and instead uses androids graphic/input handling.

I dont mind adding this icade support and just leaving it how it is, because I dont think it should be too hard. Im just not the type of programmer that can probably do a whole rewrite. Im much more suited to take already fairly complete projects and doing slightish modifictions/porting so it works on webos (like dosbox).

And I think Ive said it before, webos future is ???, its going open source, so who knows what that will lead to, we have android (which I have stated is 192837192873 times better for emulators, and for most stuff), and also now native linux distros being ported.

Am I even making sense? lol.

Anyway, I will make an updated ipk with hopefully working icade controls sometime this week.
    Yes you are making sense Glad you took the time to answer, I notice now that the latest code of Mame4droid (1.5.2) uses OpenGL for faster graphics

Looking forward to using the icade under webos so I dont have to have android installed
    Yes thank God a nice Mame4all port to WebOS FTW!

I am running Mame4Droid on CM7 android installed besides WebOS on my Touchpad and iCade on it as it has native Mame iCade support.

Furthermore, I have some sort of other plugin software that adds iCade support to emulators that don't officially iCade (like NES, Megadrive etc) but its harder to activate.

The Mame4Droid emu also can do both portrait and landscape mode, but I prefer WebOS above switching constantly between the two OS's.

If you want more info on how the iCade works to implement it more easily, maybe you should contact the person that did some work on Android and the software overhere:

Issue 112 - android-bluez-ime - Support for iCade please - A Bluetooth IME system for connecting gamepads to your Android - Google Project Hosting

The guy that makes the Megadrive, Mame etc emulators on Android also implements iCade in all his emulators in the future as he did with the Mame one. I forgot his name... I hope you'll continue your work and get this emulator optimized for WebOS and maybe (crosses fingers) port the other emulators too :-)

THANKS!
    So what is the overall consensus of using the icade?
    Use it with CM9 or WebOS? Which runs it better? I primarily use Android on it now, but would switch back if it was a better way to use the icade. Thanks!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123