1.    #1  
    Fixed
    Last edited by elykoj; 10/06/2011 at 12:15 PM. Reason: FIXED
    Quote Originally Posted by elykoj View Post
    Fixed
    I've noticed that QuickInstall will not work on the master PC {IF} you also are running Nokia OVI to connect to one of their phones. Only solution I've found is to uninstall OVI, run QuickInstall, reinstall OVI (and set up phone again). This is painful, but the only way found so far. Any thought?
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalTraveler5565 View Post
    I've noticed that QuickInstall will not work on the master PC {IF} you also are running Nokia OVI to connect to one of their phones. Only solution I've found is to uninstall OVI, run QuickInstall, reinstall OVI (and set up phone again). This is painful, but the only way found so far. Any thought?
    That's because the .jar association is to to OVI, I believe. search the official thread, I believe someone detailed a solution http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v4-3-1-a.html
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalTraveler5565 View Post
    I've had this same problem with Ovi suite.

Create a desktop shortcut and call it something like: webOS Quick Install
    Make the Target: java -jar \path\to\WebOSQuickInstall-4.3.1.jar

You might need to replace "java" with the full path to java.exe
    The shortcut "Start in" field can be left empty, or you can use the same folder as you installed WebOSQuickInstall-4.3.1.jar.

This should override the Ovi file associations and you don't need to uninstall Ovi suite.
    Yes, thanks!! I found the other note on how to remove the .jar hijack by Nokia. This applies to the older PC Suite as well as the OVI Suite. Resetting .jar registry entries to point to the JAVA engine (and only the java engine) allows all of these components to play together nicely again. Appreciate your advice and handy pointers!