Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    okay, thanks for posting that

so a joystick up command sends a key_down event W, then when you release joystick up it sends a key_up event E?

huh? or am I misreading it or something.
    That's how I read it too. Not sure though, couldn't get into the SDK documents from this computer.

If you tweet might want to try and hit Ben.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    be nice if someone just had it connected, and ran it through xev in the ubuntu chroot.

But I will also look at the sdk.

(what the picture has doesnt make much sense to me, but what do I know, lol)

ok, looked at sdk, its weird that they send a key for both a button down and button up event, instead of just holding the key, then releasing it..

would still like to know what it does under linux, especially holding a button down, does it repeatedly send the assigned letter, or does it just keep the state as DOWN?
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    be nice if someone just had it connected, and ran it through xev in the ubuntu chroot.

But I will also look at the sdk.

(what the picture has doesnt make much sense to me, but what do I know, lol)

ok, looked at sdk, its weird that they send a key for both a button down and button up event, instead of just holding the key, then releasing it..

would still like to know what it does under linux, especially holding a button down, does it repeatedly send the assigned letter, or does it just keep the state as DOWN?
    In what I read, Ben fired it up and used it in open office or something first to see the expected key strokes and said they reported as he expected from the SDK information.

Here's the thread on that, I don't think there is anything specific on it.
    https://developer.palm.com/distribut...15&hilit=icade
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    okay, thanks for posting that

so a joystick up command sends a key_down event W, then when you release joystick up it sends a key_up event E?

huh? or am I misreading it or something.
    It sends two key presses. W when the switch contact closes, and E when the switch contact opens. I haven't checked it out in the SDK, but I would assume there's a key down for W and then a key up (maybe immediately?), and then a key down for E and then a key up. My guess is that bluetooth keyboards don't properly report held keys. I just tested it under windows, and it does not generate repeating key messages, just a key press initially and then a key press when the button (or joystick) is released.
    Last edited by cdoty; 11/20/2011 at 04:59 PM.
    Interesting...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12