webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  TouchPad Patches > Patch: Remove Launcher Button/Icon
Patch: Remove Launcher Button/Icon
Like Tree16Likes

Old 10/26/2011, 08:53 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuzz View Post
I feel the launcher button is needed so the home button is not over used. Since the home button is a physical switch it will wear out in time. We had one on an iphone where out in a year. As a result it is important to keep it. I would love to have more buttons
but not sacrifice the launcher.
try swipe up from the bezel... Webos staple
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/2011, 02:18 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuzz View Post
I feel the launcher button is needed so the home button is not over used. Since the home button is a physical switch it will wear out in time. We had one on an iphone wear out in a year. As a result it is important to keep it. I would love to have more buttons
but not sacrifice the launcher.
Tap on the screen and lock icon and turn on gestures

WALA -- now when you swipe up from the bottom of the screen your launcher will appear

it is like magic -- now you can get rid of that pesky button on your quick launcher that has never been needed in webos and not over use your physical button -- or you can leave the launcher button where it is
your choice

i think this is one of the best patches ever

can it be made for the pre2?

Twitter @robchilcott
pre2
" I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
Daughter -- my old pre+
of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
mespiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/2011, 03:56 AM   #43 (permalink)

And pre3..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

Vent Mounted Touchstone for Pre3 DIY!
vasekvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/2011, 11:05 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
And pre3..

Would love this!
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Old 10/27/2011, 11:15 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
Would love this!
No joke. What a waste of a button! Oh the possibilities of what I would put there.

Vent Mounted Touchstone for Pre3 DIY!
vasekvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/2011, 11:20 AM   #46 (permalink)

LOL
Old 10/27/2011, 09:32 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
Tap on the screen and lock icon and turn on gestures

WALA -- now when you swipe up from the bottom of the screen your launcher will appear

it is like magic -- now you can get rid of that pesky button on your quick launcher that has never been needed in webos and not over use your physical button -- or you can leave the launcher button where it is
your choice

i think this is one of the best patches ever

can it be made for the pre2?
The TP Is my first webOS device. I love it and learn something new on this forum every day.
Patch now understood and installed and love it.
Thanks!
Tuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/14/2012, 02:36 AM   #48 (permalink)

please update for 3.0.5

thanks

Twitter @robchilcott
pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
Daughter -- my old pre+
of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
Old 01/14/2012, 05:26 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
please update for 3.0.5

thanks

still works mate... Just downloaded attachment in original post and its working... Is there a need for an update?
scoobysnax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/14/2012, 11:49 PM   #50 (permalink)

He means I need to re-add the patch to the updated preware patch feeds. But, I think patches might be entirely disabled because of the aupt issues. I'm not sure since I manually added the old feeds. Anyway, I'm holding off on updating because of that. Plus updating preware patches sucks because I cant just checkoff the box for compatibility and I have to submit an update and wait like 10minutes to then submit another patch. And I'm too busy/lazy to care atm since you can just add the old feeds or download the patch from one of the forums.
kyle3om is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2012, 03:05 AM   #51 (permalink)

so I added a feed for legacy patches to preware to show the 3.0.4 patches. A good number of them will install and work including this patch. If you do this you do this you must be careful. 3.0.5 has moved the location of many native apps within the os and if you apply an old patch to one of these apps ( email or calandar for example) well if you apply a patch to the wrong app you will not be able to remove or update the patch without corrupting the app forcing a visit to the doctor.

thanks -love this patch and the lock screen one

Twitter @robchilcott
pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
Daughter -- my old pre+
Old 01/15/2012, 04:13 AM   #52 (permalink)

Can someone please also make this patch available on 2.x phones? Much much appreciated.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
matchqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: davidtm
Old 10/01/2012, 01:53 AM   #53 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Anybody tested this patch with LunaCE?
lokks a bit strange for me.
Attached Images
File Type: png tweaks_2012-30-09_160940.png (233.8 KB, 28 views) Email Attachment
File Type: jpg tweaks_2012-30-09_160950.jpg (85.2 KB, 18 views) Email Attachment
Old 10/01/2012, 12:06 PM   #54 (permalink)

Does the same thing on my device and every other that I have heard of... Not sure if anyone has hacked a patch that is LunaCE compatible.

(of course the recommended use on LunaCE is without additional patches for alpha/beta testing)
Old 10/01/2012, 03:48 PM   #55 (permalink)

one thing i have noticed is with the wave launcher enabled on the TP i can now see the launcher button, its as if the patch just moved the icon "off" screen...been trying to take a screen shot of it, but has been unable too, well atleast it seems my screenshots arent going anywhere on my device,(not in screen shot folder)
retroblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2012, 08:47 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroblu View Post
one thing i have noticed is with the wave launcher enabled on the TP i can now see the launcher button, its as if the patch just moved the icon "off" screen...been trying to take a screen shot of it, but has been unable too, well atleast it seems my screenshots arent going anywhere on my device,(not in screen shot folder)
michote's screen shot shows it
Old 10/11/2012, 11:53 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroblu View Post
You are absolutely correct. With the changes in LunaCE I went ahead and uninstalled the patch because there is built in icon resizing now. I think to remove the launcher button now it would require that be an option in the LunaCE build. That would be a nice addition to LunaCE if someone wants to take that up.
kyle3om is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/31/2012, 02:28 AM   #58 (permalink)

Can Someone please port this to the pre/pre2?
AlexNoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/31/2012, 08:24 AM   #59 (permalink)

Want it on the Pre3 too!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
matchqq is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0