Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    No issues with Exhibition, on or off the Touchstone.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I reinstalled the patch and it now works. Not sure what when wrong the first time.
    does this work for the pre-?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle3om View Post
    I will look into it. I have never used exhibition mode on the touchpad. Guess this is as good a time as any.

update: I couldnt reproduce the exhibition error at all. Does anyone else have this problem?
    I can reproduce the problem intermittently when changing between orientations. I start in landscape fine but I change to portrait and have problems. Sometimes I need to flick through a number of photos to get it to happen.

Each photo display error can be fixed by toggling orientation. Unfortunately it is intermittent for me. I spent some time trying to trigger it but couldn't work out how.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Great Patch.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    @kyle3om - is there any way to get the the icons to spread evenly with less than 8 in horizontal? I'd like to have 7 because I feel 8 looks cluttered but the problem is they don't just space themselves out, there is a gap waiting for the 8th icon. With out the patch, by default the icons spread regardless of how many you have, is it possible to reproduce the same behaviour here?

Again, thanks for this great patch.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    webOS 3.0.4 breaks this patch.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    webOS 3.0.4 breaks this patch.
    Uninstall/reinstall it works fine afterwards.
    kyle3om likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jshat View Post
    Not for me...uninstall-restart-reinstall...nothing
    Well now that I've reinstalled, I'm not seeing most of the old tweaks anymore after uninstalling them. I'm assuming they'll have to be fixed for 3.0.4 and that's why they're not showing up?
    Quote Originally Posted by jshat View Post
    How are you guys reinstalling, patch isn't updated for 3.0.4, I couldn't locate the patch in the feeds due to this.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    How are you guys reinstalling, patch isn't updated for 3.0.4, I couldn't locate the patch in the feeds due to this.
    Use the email link in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by crissd00d View Post
    does this work for the pre-?
    I believe it's for TouchPad only.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  14. ZWR
    I had been using the Remove Launcher Button patch for a while now. Last night, I installed the WebOS update. Now, one of the extra icons (Box.net) I had is in the middle of the launcher area and raised slightly higher than the others. It cannot be clicked on or moved. I removed the patch, restarted, and it remains.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Use the email link in the first post.
    Ha didn't realize it was in the first post, I had initially installed via Preware.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by ZWR View Post
    I had been using the Remove Launcher Button patch for a while now. Last night, I installed the WebOS update. Now, one of the extra icons (Box.net) I had is in the middle of the launcher area and raised slightly higher than the others. It cannot be clicked on or moved. I removed the patch, restarted, and it remains.

Any ideas?
    Remove all icons from the dock and restart. Full restart, not just luna. I did the same thing, forgot to uninstall the patch before updating.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I had already saved it on my PC.. and re-WOSQI'd it to TP..
    Same with 'Just Type' - 'Bigger Progress Bar' - and a few others.
    I figured simple patches such as these wouldn't 'break' anything serious in 3.0.4.
    OK so far...

Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/20/2011 at 04:00 PM.
  18. ZWR
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsunisan View Post
    Remove all icons from the dock and restart. Full restart, not just luna. I did the same thing, forgot to uninstall the patch before updating.
    I only tried removing the excess icons before restarting. I will try removing all when I get home tonight. Thanks!
  19. ZWR
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsunisan View Post
    So the dead icon was gone when I booted up the Touchpad last night. Strange. Thanks for the help though...
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle3om View Post
    Maximum of 6 can be seen in portrait.
    Short answer on more icons without removing launcher button, yes. Long answer, no. The launcher button is not a button in the normal sense. It has a fixed screen location (from an origin of the lower right corner such that rotation has no affect on its location) so that if you add more icons they will be on top of the launcher button and you wont be able to click the app icon. Thus, allowing additional apps in the launcher bar without removing the launcher icon requires relocation of the launcher icon or unusable icons.
    The launcher button the touchpad is quite useless. Any time when you have access to the launcher button you have access to the physical "home key" that will bring up the full launcher or you have access to the swipe up from the bottom gesture. The button is redundant imo.
    I feel the launcher button is needed so the home button is not over used. Since the home button is a physical switch it will wear out in time. We had one on an iphone where out in a year. As a result it is important to keep it. I would love to have more buttons
    but not sacrifice the launcher.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast