Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shanpalm61
  1.    #1  
    I just recently updated the Private Browsing patch to V.3.0.2-34 and I think it caused a problem with my Web App (the stock one that came with Webos). It opens but then it just shows a grey screen with no url bar.

I did do the edits listed somewhere else to change Advance browser to be the main browser. I'm not sure if that has caused the problem either..

Anyone have this problem?
    I simply can't install it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    I simply can't install it.
    Oh, I can't uninstall it. I get an IPKG error when I try to .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason View Post
    I just recently updated the Private Browsing patch to V.3.0.2-34 and I think it caused a problem with my Web App (the stock one that came with Webos). It opens but then it just shows a grey screen with no url bar.

I did do the edits listed somewhere else to change Advance browser to be the main browser. I'm not sure if that has caused the problem either..

Anyone have this problem?
    Thanks for the tip. I won't upgrade until I see more on this.
    netwrkr9 likes this.
    same problem here, but I first had problem with "too many cards" after installing the "New Card Button". After removing the patch, I have the same grey screen as you describe. Btw, did you manage to fix it?

pete
    Pre3, GSM
    Private browsing patch has issues with other browser patches .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Private browsing patch has issues with other browser patches .
    Do you know which ones?

Does anyone know how to uninstall the private browsing patch? ipkg error says it's an "unreversed patch" and can't be uninstalled.
    After fighting with this patch and a non-working browser, the only solution I could come up with was to wipe the touchpad and start over. The HP emergency patch recovery tool was unsuccessful at removing this patch as well. I never got a response for my request for assistance from the patch creator either.

A little time with webosdoctor and all of my previous patches (but NOT the private browsing patch) are now reinstalled and I'm up and running. It only took about 30 minutes to start over and get it set up again... at least I know how to now.