Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
  1.    #1  
    <<Mod Edit>>
    TouchPad had issues after installing this patch.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 09/30/2011 at 02:32 PM. Reason: language
    the root.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tptp View Post
    TouchPad had issues after installing this patch.
    I was just about to install it. Thx for the heads up
    Last edited by sledge007; 09/30/2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: match moderated post.
    I thought that the stuff released through PreWare was vetted by the internals guys?
    I thought people on this site intelligently described errors or bugs they had so that they could be resolved instead of throwing out stupid insults.
    I installed this app, so far i haven't seen anything wrong or notice any weirdness. Works fine for me.
    I don't know, I've never installed anything from prewsre. Maybe it's not as reliable as preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    I thought people on this site intelligently described errors or bugs they had so that they could be resolved instead of throwing out stupid insults.
    Except us firesale generation guys with a join date of Sept 2011, there goes the neighborhood. But you're right of course.
    But without us 'firesale guys', there'd also be a lot less interest in (and support for) WebOS/Preware etc etc.

This app has so far not 'messed up' anything as far as I'm aware, it's only a resizing.. I like it as I can still easily read the reduced cards!
    'tptp', would you care to be even more 'explicit'?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/30/2011 at 10:45 PM. Reason: circumventing the language filters
    eyes4u2envy likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    'tptp', would you care to be more explicit?

Is more explicit allowed, or would the post get moderated for obscene language?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPotoroo View Post
    No probelm(s) with it here.
    I don't care for it but don't insult the dev you think you can do better than you make it

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    funb0b and un_designer like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    But without us 'firesale guys', there'd be a lot less interest in (and support for) WebOS/Preware etc etc.

This app has so far not 'f*cked up' anything as far as I'm aware, it's only a resizing.. 'tptp', would you care to be even more 'explicit'?

I'm not sure if you're aware but the guy you quoted who made that comment is himself a firesale TouchPad purchaser so I don't think any offense was meant =P

And honestly, even without the firesale newbies patches would still be coming. The homebrew community has always been consistently productive and helpful despite any and all shortcoming of the company that owns webOS =)
    I am, therefore I think
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPotoroo View Post
    HaHa!! Sorry.. 'more politely forthcoming in the details of any problems' then!!
    DrPotoroo likes this.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Just installed this patch to check it out. So far I'm liking it and had no issues.

It seems to make the non-active card which is currently in "focus" about 20% larger. Then when switching to other cards it reduces down to normal size while bringing the next card up to size. Kind of reminds me of the app launcher "wheel" effect which Apple OS first used I think....could be wrong.

The only "bug" i've noticed so far is that the sizing is off in my Clearview app which creates a copy of your background on a card so you can still see your background with apps open. Since the patch increases the card size the picture on the Clearview card ends up a little larger than it should be to perfectly match your background size. It still works just fine if you select that card to bring it to full screen. This would probably be more something for the Clearview developer to address by checking the cards current size to adjust the image size to match up with the background.

Thanks to the developer. I'll report back if I notice any other issues.
    Palm Pre 2 w/ Preware
    HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi
    There is a thread floating around the forums somewhere which tells you how to mod this manually. I've got mine so that cards are smaller than usual, with three cards visible on the screen at any given time and the "active" card only slightly bigger.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 09/30/2011 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Removed reference to edited post
    Works fine for me, no issues. Ended up uninstalling it though, I don't really like the resizing when scrolling cards.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loccy View Post
    While intellectually I agree with everyone who's previously noted that it would have been far more productive to say what the problem was than to insult the dev, this has just made me spray coffee onto my screen.

There is a thread floating around the forums somewhere which tells you how to mod this manually. I've got mine so that cards are smaller than usual, with three cards visible on the screen at any given time and the "active" card only slightly bigger.
    Thanks, found the other thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...our-cards.html
    Palm Pre 2 w/ Preware
    HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    I'm not sure if you're aware but the guy you quoted who made that comment is himself a firesale TouchPad purchaser so I don't think any offense was meant =P
    Right, no offense intended, just trying to be funny, poking fun at the entire "firewale freshman class" of touchpad users, myself included.
    While some of you may not mind the language, others do so pretend like your 85 year old grandmother and 4 year old daughter are reading these posts and keep it clean, ok?

(not an option )
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    <<Thread Moved>>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    drewksparks likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast