Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree28Likes
    Sorry, didn't mean to get all soap boxy. I, much like texasflood, jumped at the chance to pick up a cheap tablet, not having been in the market for one previously. But, after having it a while, I really do appreciate the elegance of the OS. I'm very grateful for all the work Rod and the rest of the community has put into making it even better. It was a good tablet before, but after hitting up Preware, this thing really sings!! I'll do my best to contribute what I've gained here back into the community. It may take me a while, but I'm determined to do my part.
    Quote Originally Posted by KCChiefsAndTheSunshineBand View Post
    Sorry, didn't mean to get all soap boxy. I, much like texasflood, jumped at the chance to pick up a cheap tablet, not having been in the market for one previously. But, after having it a while, I really do appreciate the elegance of the OS. I'm very grateful for all the work Rod and the rest of the community has put into making it even better. It was a good tablet before, but after hitting up Preware, this thing really sings!! I'll do my best to contribute what I've gained here back into the community. It may take me a while, but I'm determined to do my part.
    Ditto.

The firesale enabled me, my family and friends to get ahold of a VERY nice tablet (1st tablet, for all of us) at VERY reasonable prices.

And thanks to Preware, its patches & kernels, the TP's really sing.

Of the *seven* TP's that me, my family and friends have, ONLY one (mine) will be getting a CM7 *dual boot* when it arrives.

I continue to learn more and more about the HP's and WebOS, and am "tech support" for all of them, and Precentral is where I come to "learn".
    This forum seems to have seriously gone off topic. People have installed the patch without issue. Here are the screenshots I should have resized for prepare.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kyle3om; 10/01/2011 at 11:15 AM.
    geeksquadkid likes this.
    I have yet to find an issue with it. Working great, props to the dev, thanks for your work.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle3om View Post
    This forum seems to have seriously gone off topic. People have installed the patch without issue. Here are the screenshots I should have resized for prepare.
    Bringing this back on topic, with an honest question... do these cards update in the background? I know I could install the patch and find for myself, but I have no real use for it if it doesn't... tomorrow is sunday and I need to follow my 3 fantasy teams...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Bringing this back on topic, with an honest question... do these cards update in the background? I know I could install the patch and find for myself, but I have no real use for it if it doesn't... tomorrow is sunday and I need to follow my 3 fantasy teams...
    ... update in the background? the patch just changes the size of the cards when no app is in focus,i.e. all the apps are "minimized". I dont think webos updates the minimized view display until you bring that app into focus, it doesnt matter if the center card is bigger or not, it's not "in focus" or "maximized" however it is phrased. For example sometimes cards look blurry when minimized, but putting the app into focus/making it the active card makes the text less blurry and then you can re-minimize the app and it will be displayed more clearly. The patch does not affect this underlying webos behavior of card view.
    I hope that answers your question, because I'm honestly not quite understanding what you are asking.
    finally installed this app BECAUSE of this thread..I finally understand what it does..and I love it!

Because it makes the middle/active app when minimized only when larger, it slowly shrinks as push you left or right, giving it a kinda carousel feel..love, love it!
    And I finally installed it because of this thread and particularly your post. I tend to be pretty conservative about patching and the OP scared me a bit on this one out of the gate. But I installed it and see nothing wrong with it. It's pretty cool! Thanks...
    Ok, I have now found an issue. Irritating, as I loved this patch. What I had going on was an instability with the games BigBoss and Robotic HD. Seems when I went to start them, they would simply close out. At no point could I get them to play. Did the basic uninstall/reinstall, no change. Went through all the mods I did the other day, and decided to see if removing this patch would make a difference. Sadly it did. I also started to notice a few other issues at the same time, but haven't looked into it to see if removal of this patch has changed those behaviors. I'll update more on this tomorrow, as it is getting to be about sleep time for me. Note to the dev; I really hope you can duplicate and fix these issues, because I think this is a great patch. Many thanks, even if it won't work for me. :-)

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daughain View Post
    Ok, I have now found an issue. Irritating, as I loved this patch. What I had going on was an instability with the games BigBoss and Robotic HD. Seems when I went to start them, they would simply close out. At no point could I get them to play. Did the basic uninstall/reinstall, no change. Went through all the mods I did the other day, and decided to see if removing this patch would make a difference. Sadly it did. I also started to notice a few other issues at the same time, but haven't looked into it to see if removal of this patch has changed those behaviors. I'll update more on this tomorrow, as it is getting to be about sleep time for me. Note to the dev; I really hope you can duplicate and fix these issues, because I think this is a great patch. Many thanks, even if it won't work for me. :-)

I have manually adjusted the files which this patch touches and have no issues with these apps.

It kind of sounds like you may be experiencing another issue. Check this thread and down at post #15 there is a solution you may want to try. It involves editing a configuration file (appinfo.json) for each App that is crashing so you will need a file editor like "Internalz Pro" to do it. In a nutshell I believe the bug is that some apps set their projected memory requirements too low and when they go over that value the OS kills the program.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html

There may be another thread which discusses this in more detail but I didn't see it on my quick search.

Good luck.
    Palm Pre 2 w/ Preware
    HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi
    I'll definitely look into that later on. Thanks for the info and link. Link shows 'page not found', so I'll dig around later and see if I can find it.

Does this patch work for Touchpads with 3.04?

Thanks!
    Worked on 3.0.4 for me
    I run this patch with no issues. I ran it on 3.0.2 too. I love the bigger card animations.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

Works fine for me too.

Thanks for a nice useful app.
    Quote Originally Posted by chicle View Post
    Works fine for me too.

Thanks for a nice useful app.
    +1

I had my doubts, but decided to give it a try today.
    So far, it has worked flawlessly. (especially after
    I installed the faster card animation patch)

The only downside is that the bigger cards make
    the Touchpad look smaller now. (not a complaint,
    just an observation )
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123