Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
    Works pretty well for me and I really like it.
    That's quite the OP edit, but I like this version better, Just note that the original material still exists in quoted material, a common problem in this sort of situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by nunjabusiness View Post
    I thought that the stuff released through PreWare was vetted by the internals guys?
    They are, but there can still sometimes be issues or conflicts with other patches on your device.

Personally I have messed up a theme a time or two, but was able to correct with a little luck without a doctor. I have run into patch conflicts or install errors, but once I found the conflict all was well.

The thing to always remember is if you patch, you may run the risk of having to run a doctor on your device. This is worst case scenario when patching. I have only ever doctored 1 device in 2 years, 5 phones and 2 TP's, I have patched and themed from day 1 of webOS ownership, also overclocked (not all devices). The one doctor was not patch related, but device stuck in boot loop after HP/Palm profile being removed after signing in on another device.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4.    #24  
    after installing this, when i minimize any app..for example,esp. a photo for that matter minimize 'preware' and see for yourself, the screen flickers in horizontal and vertical modes
    and as 1 previous post mentioned too and i can see the my tp background img. struggling for screen real estate.

Resolution : removed it from preware, restarted Luna,removed logs, and re-installed the app again. No issues so far.

Dev.s : Please test , test and test apps before a Gen. release, appreciate all your hardwork.
    the root.
    I think you may need to adjust your expectations.

-- Rod
    MudShark22 and theomodsim like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by tptp View Post
    after installing this, when i minimize any app..for example,esp. a photo for that matter minimize 'preware' and see for yourself, the screen flickers in horizontal and vertical modes
    and as 1 previous post mentioned too and i can see the my tp background img. struggling for screen real estate.

Resolution : removed it from preware, restarted Luna,removed logs, and re-installed the app again. No issues so far.

Dev.s : Please test , test and test apps before a Gen. release, appreciate all your hardwork.
    Just in case you were not aware of the definition of homebrew; here is its from the p|c guide itself:

Homebrew apps are free applications in the final stages of testing.
    When you d/l; YOU are the tester.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    MudShark22, just wanted to say your avatar makes me chuckle. I know nothing about Pearls Before Swine which I take it that character is from but it makes me chuckle anyway,
    I am the dev for this patch. I didnt have any problems on my touchpad or with the 2 touchpads of my family I tested it on. Please detail what issues you are having.
    Users : Please understand the software you are using and what risks it comes with. Also take into account this is not a devs main job. They do this on the side in their free time. So as Rod said, don't expect as much. They might get sick of posts like this and leave us .

I cant recreate this problem. Can you take a picture/video?
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Just in case you were not aware of the definition of homebrew; here is its from the p|c guide itself:

I also want to add some homebrew/patches are utilizing services not open to official app catalog app development. For some reason Palm has decided they don't want those services in official app catalog for any number of reasons.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I agree.. This reminds me of when you're in a supermarket and they have the self checkout lanes. You always see customers standing there with a blank look on their face, while they eye the cashier at the main station. Waiting for the cashier to finish their transaction. Well, your in the SELF checkout so you are the cashier !! Hit the button on the screen that says you're paying by card and lets get moving!
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    MudShark22, just wanted to say your avatar makes me chuckle. I know nothing about Pearls Before Swine which I take it that character is from but it makes me chuckle anyway,
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    But without us 'firesale guys', there'd also be a lot less interest in (and support for) WebOS/Preware etc etc.
    I disagree with that statement. Even without you 'firesale guys' Internalz would still be cranking out the goods.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Isn't part of installing Preware and homebrew patches the understanding that you may run into issues and may need to do some critical thinking/useful bug reporting?

As another "fire sale freshmen," I want to thank all the developers who make patches and apps for us, I was a little disappointed in my Touchpad until I discovered the rich homebrew scene attached to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    But without us 'firesale guys', there'd also be a lot less interest in (and support for) WebOS/Preware etc etc.
    WebOS Internals and Preware were doing perfectly well for the 2+ years before the TouchPad was released, and will continue to do perfectly well when the "fire sale" TouchPads are discarded by those who wouldn't pay full price for them in the first place.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    WebOS Internals and Preware were doing perfectly well for the 2+ years before the TouchPad was released, and will continue to do perfectly well when the "fire sale" TouchPads are discarded by those who wouldn't pay full price for them in the first place.
    Just because we got our touchpads cheap doesn't mean we don't appreciate them or developers of software for them. Sure some of the folks just got caught up in the frenzy and are now wondering what the heck we bought. But some of use just took advantage of the situation to get a tablet physically similar to an iPad but more "open".

I won't deny being too cheap to have paid full price for the touchpad. But it was mostly because I just didn't see the need for a tablet at all. My wife had already bought an iPad and I only ever touched the thing when she needed tech support for it. Anyway, I very much like the touchpad now and only regret is that HP seems to have abandoned such a nice product. But if that HADN'T happened I probably wouldn't have it so kind of a catch-22. Sigh, hopefully WebOS lives on somehow.
    I'd just like to say that some of us "fire sale" users my have jumped on a bargain, but now want to make positive contributions to the community. Please don't lump us all into one group. And you can't get all excited about the massive increase in registered users that the fire sale brought, and then turn around and complain about us. Seems a little disingenuous.
    To be clear, the fire-sale users on PreCentral are not the group that I am referring to. You guys are clearly the ones who are interested in learning about webOS (and I'm not aware of any place where I have complained about you). You are, however, a very small minority in the large influx of new users of TouchPads (many of whom have purchased it simply to put Android on it at the earliest opportunity), and are no more or no less important than the webOS users who have been part of the community for the past two years or more.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Rod, thank you so much for everything you do. You are AMAZING.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast