Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #1  
    This patch turns off the Screen Lock screen on the Touchpad. The touchpad screen still times out. The screen goes black like usual. But when you go to use it again there is no lock screen.
    I don't have any use for a screen lock on a tablet. It's not going to buttdial like a phone might.
    This does not change the PIN lock or password screens. If you turn those on they will still appear.

This is my first patch, it worked well for me. Let me know if you have any problems with it.

Patch is now available in preware!

Installation failure note: If you have manually edited system files and the patch fails to install the reason is likely your edits. Revert to the original file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 10/21/2011 at 06:47 PM. Reason: update title
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    install failed.

screencap of log www.imgur.com/o8c6Y.png
    Last edited by llamabox; 09/29/2011 at 08:22 PM.
    I hope you get this working, good idea. I find it hard to fathom that you could accidentally hit the power button. When I hit the button, I'm already ready to use it.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    it installed and works well! My only gripe is that when i press the center button to wake it up it opens the launcher like it does when it is on the charger. Other than that great work!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dunlap113 View Post
    it installed and works well! My only gripe is that when i press the center button to wake it up it opens the launcher like it does when it is on the charger. Other than that great work!
    ahh I never turn on my touchpad with the home button, but you are right. And I probably can't do anything about that, but I will look around.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by llamabox View Post
    install failed.

screencap of log www.imgur.com/o8c6Y.png
    Hmm. Other people have installed this patch without an issue. If you can find out if there is a patch that is incompatible with this patch please let me know. Also the patch is now in preware. Try it from there.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    lol the home button, couldn't think of the name to save my life. Great patch and thanks for looking into it.
    Works great, thanks for the work.
    nice; the lock screen has always bugged me... "I just hit the damned button to wake it up, why do I have to do something else too?!?!?!"
    miasma113 likes this.
    I'd be interested in what this does, if anything, to the pinlock screen...
    Yeah.. the 'lock' is probably only useful for keeping the kids out of it!!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I'd be interested in what this does, if anything, to the pinlock screen...
    This does NOT disable the pinlock/password lock. That is completely separate. If I took my touchpad somewhere where random people might use it I would definitely want that to remain an option without removing a patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle3om View Post
    This does NOT disable the pinlock/password lock. That is completely separate. If I took my touchpad somewhere where random people might use it I would definitely want that to remain an option without removing a patch.
    Cool.. thanks for making that clear! I didn't want to 'try' it.. in case I locked myself OUT!

How about a 'Lock After' option (on PIN/Password-lock in Secure Unlock Settings) of 'Device On' - ie. after Shut Down/Restart? That way you could shut it down, chuck it in the bag and head out, knowing that any 'randoms' would also have to unlock it, once they had even turned it on, at the same time as then preventing it locking simply on 'Screen off' setting?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/30/2011 at 08:59 AM.
    I'm getting an ipkg error as well.

Guess I'll have to take a look and see which patch it is conflicting with.

I'll let you know if I figure it out.
    in fact, many of us have been requesting the "block pin lock" patch be updated for the TP...but apparently its programmed in and cannot be patched. A very useful patch I've been using for years on my Pre.
    Installed, works perfect. Thanks.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by dagani713 View Post
    I'm getting an ipkg error as well.

Guess I'll have to take a look and see which patch it is conflicting with.

I'll let you know if I figure it out.
    I am also seeing an error..
    This patch turns off the Screen Lock screen on the Touchpad. The touchpad screen still times out. The screen goes black like usual. But when you go to use it again there is no lock screen.
    I don't have any use for a screen lock on a tablet. It's not going to buttdial like a phone might.

This is my first patch, it worked well for me. Let me know if you have any problems with it.

https://www.box.net/shared/y3p970mqki94g2rlq8y9

Patch is now available in preware!
    Installed just fine, and works great. Like it. Thanks for the patch.
    getting an IPKG error as some others on here are too. Bummer - this sounds cool.
    im getting a error also
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast