Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes
    i'm not getting an error but it doesn't do anything. I still have to enter my password to unlock the screen.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    i'm not getting an error but it doesn't do anything. I still have to enter my password to unlock the screen.
    Read the posts on this thread. It removes the lockscreen. not the password/pin screens.
    Tim Dugan likes this.
    Mine works perfectly!!! Thanks very much, as I was getting annoyed with the lock screen too!! :-)
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    Well, I thought I'd be able to figure out what was causing the IPKG error, but I guess the little bit of knowledge I've pieced together thus far regarding patches wasn't enough.

I can manually change the DisableLocking = false line to DisableLocking = true in my luna-platform.conf file and the lock screen disables just fine, but I can't get the patch to install, I even created my own version in the Unified Diff Creator, just to make sure that my luna-platform.conf file wasn't different in some way that would mess anything up.

If anyone can provide any troubleshooting tips or ideas here, I'd be happy to try to figure out what's causing the issue so that we can find a solution for those of us getting IPKG errors.

EDIT: A cursory glance of all my other installed patches didn't reveal any of them making edits to that file, but I'll give them a deeper look as I have quite a few installed.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by dagani713 View Post
    Well, I thought I'd be able to figure out what was causing the IPKG error, but I guess the little bit of knowledge I've pieced together thus far regarding patches wasn't enough.

I can manually change the DisableLocking = false line to DisableLocking = true in my luna-platform.conf file and the lock screen disables just fine, but I can't get the patch to install, I even created my own version in the Unified Diff Creator, just to make sure that my luna-platform.conf file wasn't different in some way that would mess anything up.

If anyone can provide any troubleshooting tips or ideas here, I'd be happy to try to figure out what's causing the issue so that we can find a solution for those of us getting IPKG errors.

EDIT: A cursory glance of all my other installed patches didn't reveal any of them making edits to that file, but I'll give them a deeper look as I have quite a few installed.
    Ok I had a very similar issue once with my roomys touchpad. It turns out when you edit files manually with internalz pro there is a difference in the linespace character it puts in vs what was there originally (or something along these lines). Open the file up with Notepad++ to verify that the end of line is there in the original (if it should be there). Changing the internalz pro linespace setting (or w/e its called I dont have my touchpad in front of me) to linux instead of the default of windows helped. I can also send you the original *.conf file if you want to see what it is supposed to look like, unmodified.
    All these forums telling people to modify files manually has caused an issue in end of line characters not matching originals and making patches not work if they need to access that file.
    It did have to do with when I edited the luna-platform.conf file manually to create smaller cards.

I reverted to the original luna-platform.conf file and created a patch out of the smaller cards edits.

Then I tried installing your patch and it worked perfectly.

So, anyone having issues installing this patch, think back to whether or not you edited your luna-platform.conf file and if you did, create a patch for the edits instead and revert the .conf file back to the original.

All is well now, thanks for the patch.
    this patch is amazing! Thank you so much! I also wanted this on my pre's but never had it.
    ebonie30000 likes this.
    any chance this works on the pre 3 or veer?
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    hopefully this gets updated soon :-)
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    I Cannot find it in patch or Applications where do I find it?
    I dont think this is update yet... Any chance this comes to the veer or pre 3?
    I can't find it in preware either. Tried searching different terms and nothing comes up. Anybody know how to find it? Thanks
    This is my absolutely favourite patch.

Can't wait for it to be updated and loaded into Preware.
    hopefully that happens soon! This is also my favorite patch and wish it was available for the veer and pre 3
    Any chance of making this patch to be able to not show the actual lock icon until you tap the screen followed by the pin screen? What I'm after is that when I hit the power buton (with pin screen unlock option enabled) I'd like to see the screen without seeing the actual unlock icon UNTIL I press the screen. Something along the lines of hiding the lock icon (which would show a clean screen with or without the time showing) until I have pressed the screen which would then prompt the lock icon to appear, swiping it up to reveal the pin screen unlock.
    does anyone have a new patch for th HP touchpad screen lock?
    rmeigs and surfrock66 like this.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by nanbrownlee View Post
    does anyone have a new patch for th HP touchpad screen lock?
    No new patch is required. Use the one on the first post. Or since I assume you mean you want the patch in preware, just add the 3.0.4 feed. There are lots of posts after every update that explain how to get your patches back after an update if you don't want to wait for the patch to get in the current feed.
    any new patch for 3.05. Thanks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12