1.    #1  
    [Posted this in phone forums when I first encountered it, but doing so again here because of no response so far and I need to tweak a new Touchpad I just bought for my brother and sister-in-law:]

Preware is not showing up in the menu of app choices in WebOSQuickInstaller (WOSQI) for some reason.

When I do a search for it, I get the "No Packages Found" error in WOSQI 4.3.1, as well as 4.2.3. What's up with that? Why doesn't good 'ol Preware show up for installation?! I reinstalled novacom, and opened and closed WOSQI several times and no Preware. Go figure. I on a Windows 7 PC. It shows up in WOSQI 3.1.4, but I get an error when I try to install it. All this happens when I try with my new Sprint Franken Pre 2, as well.

Anyone have a clue about this?! Thanks!
    I noticed that, but didn't really worry about it, just downloaded the package from get.preware.org and installed that.
  3.    #3  
    Hey, thanks, but which one do I install on a Windows 7 machine?
  4.    #4  
    *bump*

O.K., it's been a few days and nobody has come up with an answer and it seems nobody else is having this problem.

So what the heck is going on? What am I doing wrong?

Would someone please try to find Preware in your WebosQuickInstall and let me know if it shows up? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    *bump*

O.K., it's been a few days and nobody has come up with an answer and it seems nobody else is having this problem.

Would someone please try to find Preware in your WebosQuickInstall and let me know if it shows up? Thanks.
    Since most of us already have Preware installed, the only place we would see it using WebOSQI is under Tools->Device Management and then checking The User-Installed Content, Packages listing.
    Hey, thanks, but which one do I install on a Windows 7 machine?
    *bump*
    Sorry, can't always keep up with every thread all the time. I saw this same issue as I stated earlier. Not sure how others are dealing with it but I just installed the package I linked to earlier.

If you have a touchpad, you don't install preware on Windows. WebosQuickInstall (WebOSQI) is a jar that runs on windows and connects your PC to the touchpad. In this case preware is being installed on the Touchpad just using WebOSQI to do so. So you get the arm version of preware, or org.webosinternals.preware_1.8.3_arm.ipk as of now, and use WebOSQI to install it on the touchpad.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    Since most of us already have Preware installed, the only place we would see it using WebOSQI is under Tools->Device Management and then checking The User-Installed Content, Packages listing.
    Oh, boy, do I feel STUPID! Of course I don't see it--I already have it. Duh on me.

The reason I was looking for it was to verify I was using the right version and that it worked etc. before I took the new Touchpad over to my brothers'.

THANKS MortiseMaker!!
    Oh, boy, do I feel STUPID! Of course I don't see it--I already have it. Duh on me.

The reason I was looking for it was to verify I was using the right version and that it worked etc. before I took the new Touchpad over to my brothers'.

THANKS MortiseMaker!!
    Not really a stupid question since 1.83 requires a reinstall. When I went to reinstall it, after removing it, I didn't see it available either. Same issue, resolved by downloading as described earlier.