1.    #1  
    I dont know much about what Chrome OS supports but does anyone think its possible to install Chrome OS to the Touchpad? It seems like a good fit.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    well there does seem to be a linux version, from what i understand webOS using some kind of linux variation.. but with that said, i think would still require a lot of work.

maybe we could get some company to cave in and port one of their browsers if a lot of us annoy/badger them about it constantly :P

(i think this might be the official twitter page)
    Twitter

i also found this (looks open source) Chromium - The Chromium Projects
    so someone with enough skill might be able to compile something on their own.. maybe.

(also posting these links for redundancy regarding other potential browsers) http://forums.precentral.net/app-req...era-webos.html

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html

hopefully with a lot of community involvement we can get something ported for webOS
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I walked my mom(78+2 strokes) through a linux chroot install over the phone. I'm pretty sure you can rock it, especially with Zane9000s auto config script linux is a breeze.
    Do this-
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...-touchpad.html
    Then this-
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...on-ubuntu.html

And you're all set, plus you'll have a real OS with bit torrent, avi support, a mouse if you want, and all sorts of fun tricks. Linux is power, everything else is just usability
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Spend $4.99 for SplashTop and use any browser you like, anywhere.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Spend $4.99 for SplashTop and use any browser you like, anywhere.
    Where can I get Splashtop for $4.99?

*edit* Guess they lowered the price again from $9.99 -- definitely buying now
    Last edited by riot; 09/27/2011 at 12:33 AM.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    SplashTop is a good option but i wonder if companies will just use that as an excuse not to develop apps for touchpad.
    Wow no-one understood what you were asking at all.

While possible it would be exceptionally difficult as drivers would need to be written to understand the input from the touchpad.

This is the same problem the ubuntu conversion is having, but they have dedicated individuals who have lots of linux experience. I'm unsure if the resulting drivers could be reused in Chrome OS but that would probably be the best hope.

But as of right now, no.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Wow no-one understood what you were asking at all.

While possible it would be exceptionally difficult as drivers would need to be written to understand the input from the touchpad.

funny, i could have sworn my first post said "...but with that said, i think would still require a lot of work. "

how is that any different from you saying it would be exceptionally difficult?
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    funny, i could have sworn my first post said "...but with that said, i think would still require a lot of work. "

how is that any different from you saying it would be exceptionally difficult?
    Because you clearly didn't understand him at all. Chromium != Chrome OS. What you've outlined is actually very, very easy to get running under WebOS (relative to getting Chrome OS running).

In answer to the OP (as no one else appears to have a clue), I highly doubt it as Chrome OS doesn't have an official ARM branch at all is my understanding (and they probably have very, very little motivation to do it as that'd just encroach on Android's area and take it's market share).

Their do appear to be a few compiles under ARM floating around that are working, but it'd be just as much, if not more, work to get it running than Android. And with the release of ICS source code, I can't see the benefit of pushing for Chrome OS over the latest Android version.