Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #1  
    I just updated the private browsing patch from Preware, and now my browser doesn't work. It just shows a white screen. I tried uninstalling the patch from Preware, but i'm getting an error. Someone help me please, thank you!
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    try uninstall from WebOs Quick Install and start over afterwards....
    My Palm history.
    Sony Clie', Treo 650, Treo700p, Centro, Treo 800w, Palm Pre, Touchpad
  3.    #3  
    Ok, I will try that, thank you!
  4.    #4  
    No luck, it's saying "unreversed patch detected". The same error I've been getting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunk2 DC View Post
    No luck, it's saying "unreversed patch detected". The same error I've been getting.
    did you by any change install the any patches manually? (one comes to mind the downloading from secure websites)

you need to find out which file it changes, dont know from the top of my head, in that same folder there should be a file named just like it but with the added webosinternals (or something close to it) you can use that one, rename it as the original file (be sure to change the name of the other file or delete it) and then you can unnistall it from preware...
    (hidd) user.emerg: AddNewFinger: WARNING!!!!!!!: 99 FINGERS ADDED in 1 secs
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the help, i'm doctoring it as I Swype this. Lol. I appreciate it!
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    That's too bad. I believe you can also remove a bad patch using the command line, but I wouldn't know how to describe the steps. I doctored the other day after after an update to the Advanced Browser tweaked 'just type'. Good luck!
    My Palm history.
    Sony Clie', Treo 650, Treo700p, Centro, Treo 800w, Palm Pre, Touchpad
    Are there any known patches that create conflicts with this patch? The OP's issues sounds like that may be happening.
    I know that the power swipe patch and the private browser patch don't seem to get along. I got an error every time I tried to install private browsing. Once I deletede the power swipe patch, it installed without an issue.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    what happened to private browsing? It is not on preware anymore either.
    I have the same problem. I installed 3.0.4 via doctor and I can't find the private browsing patch anymore. I think there are several other patches that are behaving similarly.

I have set preware to dispaly all items, even the ones that are installed. Despite this, private browsing is simply nowhere to be found.

Totally putting a crimp in my browsing.

Thanks!
    Gamely
    I find its good to wait a Month after an update is released so gives the devs some time to update their patches and apps.
    Agree. I'm not updating far awhile, either - I removed execute permission for updates (as recommended by several posters).
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    if you have advanced browser it has a private option
    I just installed the private browser patch as well, and it broke my browser too. Fortunately I was able to uninstall it without any issue. I guess they just jumped the gun when releasing it.
    Soul Brother likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamponephoto View Post
    I just installed the private browser patch as well, and it broke my browser too. Fortunately I was able to uninstall it without any issue. I guess they just jumped the gun when releasing it.
    same here. Just installed it and couldn't browse and getting white screen. Fortunately able to uninstall it
    Me too. Uninstalled using Preware and that fixed it. Should be pulled for now??
    Yeah, same here - attempt to open any page just gives a frozen browser. Also, when you load the browser, you can't use the dropdown menu at the top-left.
    Quote Originally Posted by ppvsp View Post
    same here. Just installed it and couldn't browse and getting white screen. Fortunately able to uninstall it
    Same. Was able to uninstall it and the browser is back to normal. Tried installing it again, but got the same results. Uninstalled and will wait for a fix.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Same here. Install the patch and the results are a broken browser (White Screen). Remove with Preware and browser now works, again.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast