Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I just did the update and it seems to be working fine now
    Version 3.0.4-11 of Private Browsing is now available in preware, which resolves the broken browser issues. I'm very sorry for the headache.

If you want to contact me about my apps or patches in the future you can email me at patches@minego.net or on twitter @_minego
    the1bobcat likes this.
    <threads merged>

Please see posts from minego
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    Version 3.0.4-11 of Private Browsing is now available in preware, which resolves the broken browser issues. I'm very sorry for the headache.

If you want to contact me about my apps or patches in the future you can email me at patches@minego.net or on twitter @_minego
    On a personal note, as a developer minego is very responsive! My wife LOVES his solitaire app (I love it too, just not as hooked as she it).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post

Thanks works like a champ.
    Still no-go here too. Successful install, unsuccessful function (white screen). Successful uninstall, successful function (location bar, etc.).

I just did this a few minutes ago, along with the update for the tweaks and one other (I can't recall it).

I also tried complete multiple shutdowns / startups.

Since removing the patch clears the problem, I have not tried further analysis. HOWEVER ...

After doing the 3.0.4 update, I also get a white screen when someone calls on Skype, about a minute or so into the call. I have no problem calling them back successfully. These are audio-only calls.

I bring that up here because I noticed one other person reported a white screen problem in another app (calendar?). So the problem's actual cause may be more fundamental, yet still peculiar.

[Fix for my situation below]
    Last edited by SeighWatt; 10/24/2011 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Confirmed problem is fixed.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Hmm installed fine, but the menu doesn't work/open for the browser.

:edit: never mind, working now!!
    After installing the updated version, it's working perfectly again for me. Thanks very much, both for the quick fix, and for writing this patch in the first place!
    I removed all remaining 3.0.2 patches, except for muffle logging, which didn't want to leave. Restarted Luna. Tested browser - ok. Reinstalled Private Browsing, including Luna restart. Now the patch appears to work. :-)

So one of those presumably inert 3.0.2 patches waiting for an update was still kicking. And it was somewhere distracting.
    The private browsing patch version 3.0.4-11 is working great. Thank you.
  11. wtk
    Definitely great work. Thanks for the quick fix.
    At first I thought 3.0.4 borked my TP after a reboot.
    I was unable to repair my browser by uninstalling the patch as well. Fortunately I had another touchpad on hand. I had to copy /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser to /media/internal on the touchpad that never had the patch installed. I then copied the browser app to my pc, connected the broken touchpad then copied over /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser.

Here are the steps below:

1) Connect working touchpad to pc.
    2) Run novaterm.
    3) cp -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser /media/internal/
    4) Disconnect and reconnect touchpad as USB drive.
    5) Copy /media/internal/com.palm.app.browser to some location on the pc.
    6) Connect the broken touchpad to the pc as USB drive.
    7) Copy com.palm.app.browser to touchpad USB storage.
    8) Disconnect and reconnect touchpad.
    9) Run novaterm.
    10) mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser.old
    11) cp -r /media/internal/com.palm.app.browser /usr/palm/applications/

That's it!

I guess you could also use the SDK VM. You would have to use scp to get the files.
    Last edited by rrounsav; 10/24/2011 at 10:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rrounsav View Post
    I have no idea where I would be able to get the original browser source without another touchpad (possibly the SDK VM?).
    The webOS Doctor.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    If you are still unable to install the patch then it is most likely caused by a conflicting browser patch. I will attempt to improve the patch so that it does not conflict with others, but it is often very difficult to prevent these issues, so no promises.

In the mean time many users have reported success doing the following:
    1) Remove ALL browser related patches
    2) Install the "Private Browsing" patch
    3) Install the other browser patches
    4) Luna restart

This has not been tested with all of the browser patches though. These patches are written by a number of different developers, and many of them have to modify the same pieces of code. These steps may not work with all patches.
    btw, for future reference, do not use the -d option with the diff installed by default on webOS 3.0.4. It causes badness. I typed -d instead of -b.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    What do you mean with this "do not use" post? Should we still wait another update of the patch before applying?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    The private browsing patch version 3.0.4-11 is working great as well.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    well I can't seem to install any patches, other than gestures for browser
    keep running into ipkg problem. Anyone have solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    What do you mean with this "do not use" post? Should we still wait another update of the patch before applying?
    no no no, I was trying to explain the cause of the messed up patch. There is a tool called "diff" that is used to create a patch. I used an option with that tool that did not work as advertised.

The current version is working correctly.
    I've put together a page with the current status of all of my patches. I'll update this page as the patches are updated:

http://www.minego.net/patches
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast