Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

wonder if anyone can help, get an error trying to install the muffle logging patch

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    12 out of 12 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/PmLog.conf.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/PmLogContexts.conf.red

thanks

Barry
    I'm observing error when attempting to install Muffle System Logging patch 23.

Previously I installed the Muffle System Logging v.22 patch on WebOS 3.02 TouchPad. The patch no longer shows up as installed (in Preware or anywhere else) and I did not remove the patch. All other patches I've installed via Preware are listed as installed, and have updated fine.

I'm not sure of exactly when the patch quit showing up in Preware listed as installed but I think this began right after I attempted to update the patch to v.23. I recieve an error when attempting to install V.23 with error log info at bottom of this post.

At the time of attempted updating from 22 to 23, I was running the F15C kernel. Recently I went back to default Palm webOS 3.02 kernel (via Recovery kernel in Preware) and still could not install Muffle System Logging 23 patch. And installed F4 kernel and have the same issue.

I don't wish to remove all my other patches, or doctor if I can help it.

Any instructions on how to remove this patch? Any commands which I can run from command line? Or files I can manually edit?

Below is screenshot of error log when attempt to install MSL 3.02-23

postinst

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging.postinst 2>&1

Apply anyway? [n]

12 out of 12 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/PmLog.conf.rej

Apply anyway? [n]

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/PmLogContexts.conf.rej

remove

Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging.prerm)
    bump
    Having the same issue. I even ran emergency patch recovery which removed all my patches, except I still can't install this one patch, with the same error posted above.
    I assume you're re-booting after uninstalling the patches. If so, I don't have a solution for you, sorry. If not, re-boot, it might solve the problem.
    Yes rebooting after installing patches.

I too ran EFW emergency file wipe as recommended by Codecrumb for those users experiencing issues opening email attachments after installing MSL version 22. Has not solved my inability to update or remove the patch however.

I was hoping CodeCrumb, developer of this patch might be able to chime in here.

I also have very similar issue updating 'Increase Touch Sensitivity & Smoothness' patch. (previously installed patch but no longer shows up as installed, but cannot install new version, with similar error log entry).

I wonder if the issues with the two patches are related in some way?

All the other fifty or so patches I've installed from WebOS Internals/PreMenstrual appear to be behaving and updating correctly?

So the question is how to UNINSTALL individual 'stuck patches' on WebOS 3.02 TouchPad (e.g. By editing or deleting files, etc). An inability to do so is a major deficiency with the platform.

Is there not a Linux tool available which can help with such endeavor? I'm able to run commands from the command line if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyTrain View Post
    So the question is how to UNINSTALL individual 'stuck patches' on WebOS 3.02 TouchPad (e.g. By editing or deleting files, etc). An inability to do so is a major deficiency with the platform.

You could identify the problem file, extract it from The Doctor and overwrite the file on your device. Internalz Pro could do it.
    You could delete your current kernel, reboot, install the recovery kernel, reboot, install Uberkernel, reboot and try to delete/install the patch. Hope this works for you.
    You can also download internalz pro from preware. This will let you 'see' all the files on your TP and set some linux preferences. I don't know how webOS' file system is set up. I'm trying to learn though. I know android, windows and even dos :-), but webOS is still a mystery to me.
    Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ideit View Post
    I even ran emergency patch recovery
    Yes rebooting after installing patches.

I too ran EFW emergency file wipe...

All the other fifty or so patches I've installed from WebOS Internals/PreMenstrual appear to be behaving and updating correctly?
    50!? Are there that many patches? I didn't think there were, and loading so many seems questionable to me but I'm conservative that way. Did you try emergency reconstruction utility? Pretty sure that restored my ipkg status including some patches that vanished apparently due to file corruption. What about emergency patch installer?
    Was successful installing Muffle System Logging 3.0.2-23

STEPS:

1. In Preware, choose dropdown menu in upper left corner, choose "Saved Package List". Then press "Update" button.

2. In Preware, download/run "Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) and follow instructions. (To locate EPR, search Preware's list of everything on keyword "emergency").

3. Reboot device.

4. In Preware, choose "Saved Package List" once again. Press "Install All" button.

5. Then I was able to install Muffle System Logging 3.0.2-23 patch

And was also able to successfully install Increase Touch Sensitivity & Smoothness 3.0.2-26 patch.

YMMV.

BTW, I previously I misspoke. Preware says I have 103 installed packages (including 28 patches, 53 apps, 11 Linux apps, etc).
    gissyt and FuzzyMaster like this.
    WoodyTrain, great news, I was hoping Emergency Patch Recovery would fix you up as it had for me when my ipkg status file got corrupted. I have no idea how this happened, no traumatic changes or events, just stuff dropped off all of a sudden like you. 28 patches still seems like a lot to me,I have 10, but if it's working for you what the heck.
    Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) is not available anymore in the preware... can i get it somewhere else?
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrielcr78 View Post
    Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) is not available anymore in the preware... can i get it somewhere else?
    Just checked and it is still available via Preware. (v.2.1.1 - last updated 06-09-10).

Standard waiver: Use at your own risk and read instructions first.
    texasflood... as an update I currently have 135 packages from Preware installed:

30 patches
    1 kernel
    11 Linux app
    1 Linux Daemon
    5 Optware
    2 Service

Also Preware displays 83 Applications in its "Installed Packages" list. But only Govnah, Internalz Pro, Navit, preset Reset, Save/Restore, Show Properties, Tweaks, Xecutah, XServer, and XTerm were installed via Preware. The rest of the apps came form the HP App Catalog.

I suspect the number of patches will decrease dramatically if I choose to install the new WebOS update (3.04.77). Holding off on that for the moment as the F4 Phantom kernel and Govnah settings has my TouchPad flying fast (for the most part) running WebOS 3.02.
    Just checked and it is still available via Preware. (v.2.1.1 - last updated 06-09-10).

Standard waiver: Use at your own risk and read instructions first.
    i see it available, but when i try to install it i get an error... seems like one of the pagckaged is missing on server....
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem. The update for "muffle system logging" showed up, I tried to install it, and now I get
    Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media cryptofs/apps /bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-loggin.prerm 2>&1

I cannot unistall it or update it. It is stuck, and I cannot find that utility referred to earlier.
    Any ideas?
    I just posted the steps to solve this here http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...acking-20.html

Too lazy to repost them again. Look for my username on page 20. Follow the steps. It will work. It did for me.
    chvytrk81 likes this.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    What worked for me was adding the line
    Code:
    exit 0
    directly below the shebang line in the said script (/bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-loggin.prerm) and removing then via Preware. I know, this might break something (as it just skips the whole uninstall process ) and leave traces on the system blabla, but it worked
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Saw this solution in another thread, and 5 minutes, and I am back up/running again.

I had the same problem with the 'muffle' patch. Using EPR solved it. There's no need to install previous patches one by one. Before EPR, select the preware button on upper left of page, choose 'saved package list' then choose update all. Install and run EPR. Go to saved package list and choose 'install all'. All your previous packages should re-install without having to do them one-by-one. Remember to re-boot (you should be prompted) after update all, install & run EPR. I take no credit for this, I read it on a thread here (search for remove muffle...) and it saved me lots of time. Hope it saves time for someone else. Good luck.
    konitalk likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by muerte33 View Post
    Saw this solution in another thread, and 5 minutes, and I am back up/running again.

I had the same problem with the 'muffle' patch. Using EPR solved it. There's no need to install previous patches one by one. Before EPR, select the preware button on upper left of page, choose 'saved package list' then choose update all. Install and run EPR. Go to saved package list and choose 'install all'. All your previous packages should re-install without having to do them one-by-one. Remember to re-boot (you should be prompted) after update all, install & run EPR. I take no credit for this, I read it on a thread here (search for remove muffle...) and it saved me lots of time. Hope it saves time for someone else. Good luck.
    If only I saw this before I ran EPR.......Would have saved some time.
    Brian
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast