Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    If you installed ubuntu on your TP, what do you use it for? I'm interested in installing it but all I have read is that people use it for word processing, PDF reader, and browser. Honestly, I don't think it is worth it for just that. What is so cool that you are doing with it that makes it worth it? What software have you installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by austriak View Post
    If you installed ubuntu on your TP, what do you use it for? I'm interested in installing it but all I have read is that people use it for word processing, PDF reader, and browser. Honestly, I don't think it is worth it for just that. What is so cool that you are doing with it that makes it worth it? What software have you installed?
    So far the only thing I've done is try to impress my co-workers (I'm sure they were just acting impressed to not hurt my feelings).

But I have a feeling there are a group of linux power users that can really make use of the full linux capabilities. And beyond that (for regular users), I think it might fill a gap for the occasional need of a particular program in a pinch.
    i use it to torrent
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    L.A.M.P
    Real browsing
    programming
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Torrenting, playing avi video, libreoffice, gimp, rdesktop, programming, having a mouse, secret smut, etc. It depends on what you use your laptop for
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    mouse works in it? bluetooth? you may have just caused someone to sell me a bluetooth mouse.

I've used it just for impressing some android nerds, and an attempt to compile some software.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    audacity multi track recording editing
    Quote Originally Posted by MordechaiNisa View Post
    Does that record off the microphone jack? At what quality? Thanks.
    Libreoffice FTW. Running Ubuntu on a TP makes it a full desktop replacement.
    Now that's a great reason.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Ive been trying to get sound working for programs like Ardour and Rosegarden. Jack won't start and ALSA won't either. Can you help me figure out what to do? How did you get Jack and ALSA to work?

Thanks,
    Elgo
    nice one