Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1.    #1  
    I have modified my launcher to fit approximately 62 icons in both landscape and portrait views without reducing the size of the icons themselves or the size of the font.

I have also modified the quick launch bar to be smaller, it looks like the icons are now sitting on the bar, and to fit 8 icons in landscape and 6 in portrait mode. this allows fitting more icons in launcher, because the quicklaunch bar cuts off the space for icons in launcher, but the icons sitting on the bar (the overhang of the icons above the level of the bar) do not reduce the space for icons in launcher.

I have also moved the launcher button up off the bar. To launch the icons from the quicklaunch bar, i have to touch the part of the icon on the bar (rather than the overhang of the icon above the bar).

Most of the credit goes to the starters of these two threads:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...our-cards.html

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...unasysmgr.html

Attached are screenshots of what it looks like with the launcher open, in rearrange mode, and without the launcher.

I modified 3 files in the following directory on the touchpad: /etc/palm/launcher3/ . They are called launcher_icon_geomsettings.conf , launcher_icon_layoutsettings.conf , and layoutSettings.conf .

My exact modifications are explained below: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3173559

I am not a programmer or anything, I don't even know what I'm doing. Do this at your own risk. I am sure I have some redundant and unnecessary settings in these files, but it works for me, looks the way I want it to look and I thought I would share the info.

internalz_2011-23-09_021313.jpg

switcharootouch_2011-23-09_022129.jpg

Unknown_2011-23-09_022143.jpg
    Last edited by mistermojorizin; 09/23/2011 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Not allowed to link copywritten webos files so added link to code below
    Hi, looks great.

would be helpfull to know which settings you changed in each file to get this.
    I could change the same in my files without using your hole ones and get everything what´s in there.

Thank you
    Nice work - thanks for sharing! Can I ask which setting gave you the transparent launcher background?
    Looks good man. I might do this mod and replace the image for the launcher button with a transparent png.

I think it's stupid that the button is there when we can just swipe up anyway.
    I think he uses the Glass Effect suit - theme
    next thing is to make a patch for preware, thanks for doing all this
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    dadueler likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    Well I think you can hide it completely by moving it out of the display (-1000 or something).
    Quote Originally Posted by e_killa View Post
    I think he uses the Glass Effect suit - theme
    Ah ha! Thanks.
    Looks good. Like the quick launcher a lot. Is business suppose to be spelled wrong in your just type area?
    Dis likes this.
    LOVE THIS, good job!
    ----------------------------------------
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be, unnatural"
    A highlighted breakdown of what you changed would be really helpful.

I so want to change the layout of the launcher on both TP and Pre 3
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    It would be good if this was a patch. Then, if we get a system update, just re-apply the patch. If things have changed, the patch won't work.

If we just re-install these files over the top of the originals on a new update, who knows what might happen....

Alan
    [And, no - I don't know of any system update coming]
    These would make for awesome patches!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    chicle11 likes this.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    If this can be done for the TouchPad, would it or something similar, also be possible for the Pre2? I really miss my 4x4 icons I used to have on my Pre+.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I copied the files across, did a Luna restart. Worked fine. Changed it so it said 8 across, not 9. Rebooted. Looked great.

However, when I tried to respond to an email, the keyboard wouldn't come up. Given that it was the only app open, I suspected the mods. I restored the old files (kept them safe just in case) rebooted again and everything works.

So, which setting caused that problem? Anyone know?

Alan
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by e_killa View Post
    Hi, looks great.

would be helpfull to know which settings you changed in each file to get this.
    I could change the same in my files without using your hole ones and get everything what´s in there.

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by rege0039 View Post
    A highlighted breakdown of what you changed would be really helpful.

I so want to change the layout of the launcher on both TP and Pre 3
    my original thought was just to let people compare their unchanged files with my modified files, but it looks like I can't attach the files under the forum rules.

I hope it is not against the rules to explain which settings I've added and what i've done

in layoutSettings.conf added the following settings:

[QuickLaunch]
    quickLaunchMaxItems=10
    quickLaunchBarUseAbsoluteSize=true
    quickLaunchBarHeightAbsolute=35
    quickLaunchItemAreaVerticalOffsetPx=10
    quickLaunchBarLauncherAccessButtonVerticalOffsetPx=-100
    quickLaunchItemAreaHorizontalOffsetPx=0

in launcher_icon_geom_settings.conf I added the following settings under the label [Main] :
    ;MainIconBoxVerticalProportionToTotalGeom=1.6
    ;FrameBoxVerticalProportionToTotalGeom=.8
    UseAbsoluteMainIconGeom=true
    MainIconAbsoluteGeomSizeHeightPx=50
    UseAbsoluteFrameGeom=true
    FrameBoxAbsoluteGeomSizeHeightPx=1
    UseAbsoluteRemoveDeleteDecoratorOffsetFromGeomOrigin=true
    RemoveDeleteDecoratorHorizontalOffsetFromGeomOrigin=-35
    RemoveDeleteDecoratorVerticalOffsetFromGeomOrigin=-35

In the same file under the label [Label] I changed
    LabelVerticalSpacingFromMainIcon=1
    and added:
    FontSizePx=14

in the launcher_icon_layoutsettings.conf file I added/changed the follwoing settings under the label [ReorderableLayouts]

InterRowSpaceInPixels=0
    IconHorizontalSpaceAdjustInPixels=11
    MaxIconsPerRow=9
    RowLeftMarginInPixels=1
    RowTopMarginInPixels=1
    EmptyPageTextBoxCenterVerticalOffsetPx=350
    UseFixedIconCellSize=true
    FixedIconCellHeight=97
    FixedIconCellWidth=100

That's it. Capitalization and the [Labels] are important. ";" in front of a setting doesn't make the program ignore the setting. (I do't know what ; does actually, like I said, I don't really know what I'm doing, this is just what ended up working for me, so I left the semicolons in).
    Last edited by mistermojorizin; 09/23/2011 at 03:57 PM.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ns1959 View Post
    Nice work - thanks for sharing! Can I ask which setting gave you the transparent launcher background?
    that is a theme called grim glass. it can be found here on precentral and all credit goes to the creator of that theme
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    Looks good man. I might do this mod and replace the image for the launcher button with a transparent png.

in my trial and error process that launcher button disappeared many times (the luancherbuttonoffset settings). It moves off the screen very easily. Actually it moves down very easily using the vertical offset. No matter what I tried to do using horizontal offset, I couldn't get it to move left or right.

However, I like the functionality of having a launcher button for some reason, so this was the best solution I could come up with. If I had left it on the quicklaunch bar, on of the icons would always be covering it.

I like your idea to make it transparent though. It would look cleaner and I would still know where the button actually is and I could still use it. So if you figure out how to do that, please let us know.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    my original thought was just to let people compare their unchanged files with my modified files, but it looks like I can't attach the files under the forum rules.

I hope it is not against the rules to explain which settings I've added and what i've done

That's it. Capitalization and the [Labels] are important. ";" in front of a setting doesn't make the program ignore the setting. (I do't know what ; does actually, like I said, I don't really know what I'm doing, this is just what ended up working for me, so I left the semicolons in).
    Perfectly fine, never seen someone have a post modified for posting their settings.

As you said capitalization is key, I was messing with an app to make it show up in exhibition and kept missing a capital letter.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    Looks good. Like the quick launcher a lot. Is business suppose to be spelled wrong in your just type area?
    my bad, it was late at night, lol
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast