Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree16Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by breathlessTP View Post
    silverbackdave:

I did the tweaks to the files as you outlined (keeping original files) for 3.05, etc. However, when everything was done and I went back to see it, I noticed some of my icons with longer names were somewhat cut off at the bottom. I checked and double checked for typos in my changed files but everything looked correct.

What could be the problem and can I change a number value to fix this?

Thanks in advance for the help and always appreciate it.
    I went back and did a double check and verified that what I posted above (up a ways) is exactly what I still have installed and that the pix posted match hes what I see now.

So .... if what you have installed is the same as what I posted ?????? not sure why you have a difference, as none of the icon name is sliced off on mine. Perhaps another pass at verification is in order?

I did NOT save my notes, and do NOT recall which parameter changes which feature - so I CANNOT help on what to change.

My best suggestion is for you to compare 3.0.4 mods vs 3.0.5 mods and focus on those parms that I changed - that should give you some clue. As will looking at the other changes made by the poster who also changed my settings.

Between those two changes, you will be able to hone in on which parms to change - you can then make a change with Internalz (right in the production files) and do the Luna restart and see the results. Trial and error, til you get what you want.

Sorry not to be av]ble to point it out, but that is now water over the dam.
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    Hey, thanks. I'll double, redouble thrice double check to see if by chance I missed or entered something in error - can't hurt. I have the 3.04 files (originals and modified) to compare. Worse that can happen is uninstall and do it over or live with it as is.

Again thanks, and as always I appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by breathlessTP View Post
    silverbackdave:

I did the tweaks to the files as you outlined (keeping original files) for 3.05, etc. However, when everything was done and I went back to see it, I noticed some of my icons with longer names were somewhat cut off at the bottom. I checked and double checked for typos in my changed files but everything looked correct.

What could be the problem and can I change a number value to fix this?

Thanks in advance for the help and always appreciate it.
    If I remember correctly, I had (I think) the same results as you when using the settings silverbackdave posted.
    Using "Glimpse (Dev's Cut)" in silverbackdave's vs. my screenshot, you'll see that his shows that the icon name is closer to the icon (I could not replicate that).
    Since he's now verified his settings, IDK why we both had different results.

I then fiddled with his settings to get 9x6 (no +), and I then preferred the way mine looked anyway.

See my previous post for the changes I made from his, and try those.
    Then long names won't have the 2nd line cut off at the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    If I remember correctly, I had (I think) the same results as you when using the settings silverbackdave posted.
    Using "Glimpse (Dev's Cut)" in silverbackdave's vs. my screenshot, you'll see that his shows that the icon name is closer to the icon (I could not replicate that).
    Since he's now verified his settings, IDK why we both had different results.

I then fiddled with his settings to get 9x6 (no +), and I then preferred the way mine looked anyway.

See my previous post for the changes I made from his, and try those.
    Then long names won't have the 2nd line cut off at the bottom.
    Woot!! That did it. Thanks sooo much for the input. Only thing I miss though is having the Launcher arrow going above the line. Can't have everything, right?

As always - I totally appreciate any and ALL HELP FROM GREAT MEMBERS IN THIS FORUM. Love it.
    I created a [Patch] More AppLauncher and QuickLaunch Bar Icons-TP thread using some different settings that's similar in effect and based on my posts in this thread.
    As of yesterday the patch is available via Preware and is at the webOS-Patches Web Portal link below:
    More AppLauncher and QuickLaunch Bar Icons
    Quote Originally Posted by wknthdg View Post
    i created a [patch] more applauncher and quicklaunch bar icons-tp thread using some different settings that's similar in effect and based on my posts in this thread.
    As of yesterday the patch is available via preware and is at the webos-patches web portal link below:
    more applauncher and quicklaunch bar icons
    nice job - absolutely love it!!

Thanks!
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456