Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 106
Like Tree16Likes
  1. spud101's Avatar
    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    #41  
    Yes would be great to see this as preware patches. Tweakable too, I for example like to be able to add more icons to the quicklaunch bar, but want to keep its height to original size.
    eggroks and Volcom45 like this.
  2. #42  
    I just wrote up some quick patches using the exact specifications listed in mistermojorizin's post, I'll test them first and then post them assuming everything went okay.

    Edit:

    It seems like something is wrong with the values he posted for the Geom_settings configuration file. Refuses to patch with various hunk errors, dealing with it now. The other two files patched fine.

    Edit 2:

    Even just trying to patch a minor change of values doesn't seem to work for the Geom file (only altering RemoveDeleteDecoratorHorizontalOffsetFromGeomOrigin from -50 to -35) and throws up errors. That one may have to be edited manually, but I'll keep messing with it for a bit since work is still slow.

    Edit 3:

    Geom Settings just isn't working as a patch, but you can save the attached .txt file, rename it with a .conf extension instead, copy it to your /etc/palm/launcher3/ folder in Internalz Pro (with Master Mode turned on in Preferences) and overwrite the old one without any issues.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Richard Mongler; 09/27/2011 at 03:28 PM.
    khue19 likes this.
  3. #43  
    ^^^
    Standard disclaimer, be sure to backup the original files should your Touchpad malfunction, below up or catch fire. The poster is not responsible for any of these occurrences.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsunisan View Post
    ^^^
    Standard disclaimer, be sure to backup the original files should your Touchpad malfunction, below up or catch fire. The poster is not responsible for any of these occurrences.
    Yeah, I'm definitely not.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Mongler View Post
    I just wrote up some quick patches using the exact specifications listed in mistermojorizin's post, I'll test them first and then post them assuming everything went okay.

    Edit:

    It seems like something is wrong with the values he posted for the Geom_settings configuration file. Refuses to patch with various hunk errors, dealing with it now. The other two files patched fine.

    Edit 2:

    Even just trying to patch a minor change of values doesn't seem to work for the Geom file (only altering RemoveDeleteDecoratorHorizontalOffsetFromGeomOrigin from -50 to -35) and throws up errors. That one may have to be edited manually, but I'll keep messing with it for a bit since work is still slow.

    Edit 3:

    Geom Settings just isn't working as a patch, but you can save the attached .txt file, rename it with a .conf extension instead, copy it to your /etc/palm/launcher3/ folder in Internalz Pro (with Master Mode turned on in Preferences) and overwrite the old one without any issues.
    i originally posted my files but they were in violation of forum rules. i had them in a zip so there was no need to mess with txt renaming even.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    i originally posted my files but they were in violation of forum rules. i had them in a zip so there was no need to mess with txt renaming even.
    If you want to PM me your modified Geom file, I can try to make that one into a patch.
  7. #47  
    SCONIX!! WHERE ARE YOU?!

    I'd love to see tweakable mega-patches using this info!
  8. alan sh's Avatar
    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    #48  
    What would be better (and I may be asking the impossible) is to have an APP with customisable fields for each of the line items. So you can select how may icons wide for the launcher bar and how many icons/page for each tab -etc etc.

    If I knew how to program in webos, I'd give it a try.

    Alan
  9. spud101's Avatar
    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    #49  
    That's what Tweaks would give you, if a patch is created that is compatible with Tweaks.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    That's what Tweaks would give you, if a patch is created that is compatible with Tweaks.
    My JSON knowledge is basic but I'll look into that today.
  11. h2o826's Avatar
    Posts
    100 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Is someone planning on making a few patches out of this? Or are we on our own?
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Yes would be great to see this as preware patches. Tweakable too, I for example like to be able to add more icons to the quicklaunch bar, but want to keep its height to original size.
    +1 for preware patch, nice job to those workin on it so far

    Also is their an app preware/official to recreate the wave launcher from webos non 3.0.x, i would love to have a wave launcher. ++ for this aswell!
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Mongler View Post
    If you want to PM me your modified Geom file, I can try to make that one into a patch.
    you have PM
  13. #53  
    Arrgggg how can I make the gap between the label and the icon bigger? I've been playing with every setting imaginable and I can't pin it down. The only way i found to change it caused clipping on the bottom of the text... /rage
  14. #54  
    well this would really be nice as a patch in preware . and in tweaks as well . is this going to mack it to preware ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aredon View Post
    Arrgggg how can I make the gap between the label and the icon bigger? I've been playing with every setting imaginable and I can't pin it down. The only way i found to change it caused clipping on the bottom of the text... /rage
    i think it's this setting

    "In the same file under the label [Label] I changed
    LabelVerticalSpacingFromMainIcon=1 "

    try a negative number, that may do the trick. but if I remember I tried moving them lower and the label would get cut off on the bottom.

    to change that you'd have to move the icons further apart from eachother, which has to do with space between the rows

    and then they might get misaligned

    and in the end you'll fit less icons

    my goal was to get as many ions as I can because I have a lot of apps and games while not cutting the labels or reducing the size of the icons.

    the reason why it gets cut off on the bottom is because even though it looks like there's lots of space, some of the icons will have 2 rows of label text and some of the icons are bigger than others. The way it's setup is that everything fits and there's room for the largest possible icon sizes and room for 2 rows of text. The space for the larger icons are held by the space of the "cell" that surrounds the icon. I hope this is intelligible. Sorry
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    well this would really be nice as a patch in preware . and in tweaks as well . is this going to mack it to preware ?
    i don't know, someone is trying to make patches, but can't get the geom files working. I've pm'ed him some of my work and we'll see if that helps. Once someone gets all 3 patches going, then someone might submit it to preware. I have no clue what makes a patch work with tweaks or not.
  17. #57  
    ok thats kool if you have problems just ask jason r. or rod from webOS internels
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  18. #58  
    Success! It seems the quicklaunch bar isn't very fond of the negative pixel adjustments, luckily I didn't like the small bar anyway so I changed it.

    I attached my settings, enjoy!

    (granted it ends up being 9x5 this way, but I don't mind. It looks prettier.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
  19. cerps's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    well this would really be nice as a patch in preware . and in tweaks as well . is this going to mack it to preware ?
    What category is tweaks listed under in preware? I found it when I was too new to webOS to mess with it and now I can't seem to find it
  20. #60  
    if anyone wants to get rid of the quick launch bar or launcher Icon its in
    /usr/palm/sysmgr/images and just move the images to a safe place and restart luna.

    I got sick of changing values so I thought this might help Out anyone who feels the same.
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions