Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    I copied the files across, did a Luna restart. Worked fine. Changed it so it said 8 across, not 9. Rebooted. Looked great.

However, when I tried to respond to an email, the keyboard wouldn't come up. Given that it was the only app open, I suspected the mods. I restored the old files (kept them safe just in case) rebooted again and everything works.

So, which setting caused that problem? Anyone know?

Alan
    I'm sorry I don't know exactly what caused that.

I used 9 across because if you have 8 across with these exact settings, there will be a big empty space on the right - that is if you wanted it to be spaced properly with 8 you'd have to change some of the other settings. Actually, if you just want 8 across check out beardedspoons thread about the size of the cards. he tought me how to make it 8 across in that thread.

I also had one scenario when my keyboard disappeared (also documented in that car size thread) but I was messing with a different file called luna-platform.conf
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    That's it. Capitalization and the [Labels] are important. ";" in front of a setting doesn't make the program ignore the setting. (I do't know what ; does actually, like I said, I don't really know what I'm doing, this is just what ended up working for me, so I left the semicolons in).
    Well, I just added these semicolon to comment these settings out (so they are ignored). So if you want to set these, you should remove the semicolon. When I look at the other confs I think we should use # to comment out something. It might be that the semicolon is ignored and the option is used normal - not sure though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    If this can be done for the TouchPad, would it or something similar, also be possible for the Pre2? I really miss my 4x4 icons I used to have on my Pre+.
    Bump-if the launcher can be modded on webOS 3, how about 2.1??
    really liked the thin quicklaunch and being able to add more apps to it!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i'm still kind of a noob, but i'm wondering how did you get those extra tabs at the top? games, homebrew etc? and how do i get extra programs on the bar? can i just drag them on there?
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    i'm still kind of a noob, but i'm wondering how did you get those extra tabs at the top? games, homebrew etc? and how do i get extra programs on the bar? can i just drag them on there?
    Go into Preware and search for add launcher tabs. There is a Linux application called that. That is where it came from.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by dodnet View Post
    Well, I just added these semicolon to comment these settings out (so they are ignored). So if you want to set these, you should remove the semicolon. When I look at the other confs I think we should use # to comment out something. It might be that the semicolon is ignored and the option is used normal - not sure though.
    i experimented in one of the files, leaving a setting in with a semicolon produced different results than deleting the setting all together. so i made the conclusion that semicolons do not actually comment settings out as I originally thought
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Bump-if the launcher can be modded on webOS 3, how about 2.1??
    you know I had that thought too, because when I was researching this i came across threads about 2.1 where a developer was stating how you can't add more launcher icons in webOS greater than 1.x. Which of course is not true since you can in 3.x obviously, but he made that statement long before there was a 3.x.

Anyway, the touchpad is my first and only webOS device so I might suggest posting your questiong in the webOS 2.1 homebrew section and maybe referencing this thread. Just figure you'll get more people with phones in the other sections since this is touchpad homebrew and most people here are probably with touchpads.
    This is fantastic! I used Internalz to backup the three files you modified and then made the changes you listed. Did a luna restart and it works great!

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I noticed that the launcher icons are only responsive to touch at the bottom of the icon. I've attempted to change this, but the only affect I get is the icons moving.

I believe that the launcher bar its self needs to be raised. Right now it appears as if the launcher bar goes through the center of the icons. Making only the bottom of them sensitive to touch.

Anyone have a work around?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    I noticed that the launcher icons are only responsive to touch at the bottom of the icon. I've attempted to change this, but the only affect I get is the icons moving.

I believe that the launcher bar its self needs to be raised. Right now it appears as if the launcher bar goes through the center of the icons. Making only the bottom of them sensitive to touch.

Anyone have a work around?
    I don't have a workaround as such but I set the quicklauncher height to 70 which is just big enough to fit the icons so they are fully 'clickable'. My settings are below:

[QuickLaunch]
    quickLaunchMaxItems=7
    quickLaunchBarUseAbsoluteSize=true
    quickLaunchBarHeightAbsolute=70
    quickLaunchItemAreaVerticalOffsetPx=47
    quickLaunchBarLauncherAccessButtonVerticalOffsetPx=4

Note that I've only done a subset of the OPs settings and I have kept the launcher button in the panel. The offset positions should center the icons vertically in the launcher.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ns1959 View Post
    I don't have a workaround as such but I set the quicklauncher height to 70 which is just big enough to fit the icons so they are fully 'clickable'. My settings are below:

[QuickLaunch]
    quickLaunchMaxItems=7
    quickLaunchBarUseAbsoluteSize=true
    quickLaunchBarHeightAbsolute=70
    quickLaunchItemAreaVerticalOffsetPx=47
    quickLaunchBarLauncherAccessButtonVerticalOffsetPx=4

Note that I've only done a subset of the OPs settings and I have kept the launcher button in the panel. The offset positions should center the icons vertically in the launcher.
    Thank you, your settings worked great!

Now I wonder if there is a way that the launcher icon can be push up off the quick launcher when in portrait and push back down when in landscape. That would be ideal for preventing icon over lapping!
    Since you are able to put the launcher icon above the other icons, are you able to do two rows of icons?
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    dadueler likes this.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Since you are able to put the launcher icon above the other icons, are you able to do two rows of icons?
    since you can move the launcher icon off the bar, you can also move the other icons off the bar. you can move them left and right too, which i haven't been able to do with the launcher button. but i didn't figure out any way to "wrap" the icons to a 2nd line, they will just go off screen if they don't fit on the one horizontal line.
    how can you put the launcher icon back on the thinner bar?
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by King23James View Post
    how can you put the launcher icon back on the thinner bar?
    remove/change this setting: quickLaunchBarLauncherAccessButtonVerticalOffsetPx=-100
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    Thank you, your settings worked great!

Now I wonder if there is a way that the launcher icon can be push up off the quick launcher when in portrait and push back down when in landscape. That would be ideal for preventing icon over lapping!
    i only saw a way to make it get pushed horizontally, like you'd have 7 icons + launcher in landscape view on the bar, and then in portrait you'd have 5 icons in vertical and the launcher would be pushed horizontally off screen to the right.

The thing is, I never figured out how to move the quicklaunch horizontally, even though there's a setting for horizontal offset, but it wouldn't do anything

my though was, since i couldn't move the icons closer together on the bar, move the launcher button to one of the spaces between the icons. Then when it would get pushed to the right for portrait it would still be onscreen and there'd still be 6 icons visible.

the icons responded to their horizontal offset settings, but not the launcher button for some reason.
    Is someone planning on making a few patches out of this? Or are we on our own?
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Is someone planning on making a few patches out of this? Or are we on our own?
    I'm surprised somebody hasn't done it already. I have yet to spend the time to read up on actually making a patch, so it won't be coming from me.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I'm surprised somebody hasn't done it already. I have yet to spend the time to read up on actually making a patch, so it won't be coming from me.
    Hehe, I need to learn how to make them, so I can help out more around here..
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast