Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Ok, I tried to apply some browser patch, not successful. Then I noticed one of the patch (thumbnav control) I applied before I did a full erase is still there (but prepare shows that it is not installed)

If I try to install thumbnav, I got error. How can I force remove the patch?

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    10 11848 10 1215 0 0 2238 0 0:00:05 --:--:-- 0:00:05 2363
    100 11848 100 11848 0 0 14815 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 15367
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.browser-add-thumbnav-controls
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-add-thumbnav-controls.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/css/browser.css.rej
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/Browser.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.browser-add-thumbnav-controls from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.browser-add-thumbnav-controls.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad
    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    among other methods, you an always run webos doctor.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Does webOS correct the patch or refresh the entire system?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkinz View Post
    Does webOS correct the patch or refresh the entire system?

The WebOS Doctor will restore all files to original.

It is possible to extract individual files from the Doctor package and overwrite the files which have been modified by the patching process using Internalz Pro. (If you need to ask how, maybe you should not be doing it and I wouldn't want to be responsible for the havoc that you might wreak )
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I probably can figure out the how but no time right now :-( *maybe I will wait for 3.0.4....

try the webos quick install app. Sometimes it will still show app or patch as installed and it will remove it ...sometimes. Has worked for me in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkinz View Post
    I probably can figure out the how but no time right now :-( *maybe I will wait for 3.0.4....

Depending on what file is messed up and how it is messed up, an OTA most likely won't fix your problem either.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    i am in the same boat. I have done full erase and security full erase wipes and yet some patches are still active. I want to do a mega clean reset with all system files set to default and have no idea what to do. Any advice? I have never used web doctor. Will that really work?
    Quote Originally Posted by tboy2000 View Post
    i am in the same boat. I have done full erase and security full erase wipes and yet some patches are still active. I want to do a mega clean reset with all system files set to default and have no idea what to do. Any advice? I have never used web doctor. Will that really work?
    Full erase/security wipes don't touch patches.

You'll need to uninstall them or run webos doctor to do a factory reset.