Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Is there an app for the display of battery charge percentage?

I have this on my Pixi and would like it on my touchpad.
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    I am also interested in this
    @ the OP are you talking about an app or the patch that would put it in the top bar?

For anyone looking for a patch, from what has been posted, the top bar is programmed in C, this is why there are no patches for it.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    not yet their isnt, there are 2 homebrew but not available for TP yet, battery monitor and display battery as a percentage, hopefully they will be available for the TP. The battery monitor is available but it doesnt display as a %, just opens app in mojo view.
    I too would like to see the battery percent patch

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    i'd like to show battery percent and CPU/Memory usage on the drop down list.. i could probably take a crack at it but i have no idea where to look on the device for it..
    interested in this also. they have this patch/mod for Pixi/Pre, hopefully someone can port it over to the TouchPad
    Want as well big time*

"I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    <<Thread Moved>>

There was some talk of apps early, but this clearly looks to be a patch discussion.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Still interested in this...Can any devs let us know if it is possible?

Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    could have sworn i read about a patch somewhere on this forum.

edit: i think this was it http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post1767536

maybe it could work?
    hm, actually it looks like its just for older webos versions
    The Top Bar is coded in C...therefore no patches can or will be applied, unfortunate as it is.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    The Top Bar is coded in C...therefore no patches can or will be applied, unfortunate as it is.
    In principle someone could make an app that displayed it in the notification area. If the app updated the icon with the value, you might not even have to click on it to see the %.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    In principle someone could make an app that displayed it in the notification area. If the app updated the icon with the value, you might not even have to click on it to see the %.
    wonder how much drain that would put on the battery.

There were all the talks of battery as a % draining battery in previous versions of webOS, I can only imagine having an app constantly pulling these value would add to battery drain.