Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By hpuser5
  • 3 Post By dodnet
  1.    #1  
    can anyone make a patch to adjust the volume from the tool bar..similar to adjusting the brightness from toolbar
    fahed2000 likes this.
    <<thread moved>>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    from what I remember from someone else, I think the top bar is locked and unpatchable.
    I also search for it. Buttons are nice, but controlling it with the touchscreen would be nicer.
    Much nicer!

I'd also like a patch for one action to clear cache and cookies (not history).

I use the Info app for restart or shutdown, but I still have to click on Reset Options after opening the app.

How about something we could put in the launcher that opens a box w/ options to choose from such as a volume slider, button for restart, cache/cookies. Might as well duplicate brightness, wi-fi, and the option to drag in shortcuts to some of your most used apps like no-doze, etc since it could be a card left open.

Thanks!
    I think I saw a config file where the parts of menu are defined, shouldn't be so hard to modify this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lbcsublimer07 View Post
    from what I remember from someone else, I think the top bar is locked and unpatchable.
    I'm not sure about the drop down menu, but I believe the top bar itself is written in C.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Man a volume slider would be awesome! I guess I got too used to it in my device menu on my pixi/pre/pre2 devices.
    Look at /usr/palm/sysmgr/uiComponents/SystemMenu - look pretty much like the systemmenu for me
    Though I don't know if it is actually used.

Edit: just tested and IT WORKS I added a separator and now its there.
    Last edited by dodnet; 09/22/2011 at 02:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I'm not sure about the drop down menu, but I believe the top bar itself is written in C.
    idk anything about so don't take my word for it. I'm just going off what I think I remember someone else saying lol
    Quote Originally Posted by dodnet View Post
    Look at /usr/palm/sysmgr/uiComponents/SystemMenu - look pretty much like the systemmenu for me
    Though I don't know if it is actually used.

Edit: just tested and IT WORKS I added a separator and now its there.
    Do you have a volume slider in the toolbar now? How do you made it?
    Quote Originally Posted by maccox View Post
    Do you have a volume slider in the toolbar now? How do you made it?
    Umm... no. I just made a small modification to the menu (adding a new separator), to test if the changes are applied. So it is quite easy to make changes to the menu and it seems that you can even add new functionality to it.

I can't tell if the volume slider itself is possible, as I don't know if the needed functions are available and which functions to use at all
    I would also appreciate a volume slider in the main dropdown and/or a patch that creates more increments of volume. I always seem to find one too soft but the next one too loud.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I took a look at the files and this does seem possible. I'm not familiar with this &quot;Qt&quot; language so I couldn't do it myself, but I'm sure someone with the right expertise could!
    If you read a few posts right above yours, people have added bits to it. But we don't know if there are any functions for adding additional bits that don't already exist.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: