Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi there - I tried following the instructions listed here ( http://www.opinionless.com/setting-a...s-browser/)and now all i get is a blank white screen when i launch the browser....

I have no idea what i did wrong - i was really concentrating just on changing the single line of code - but whatever it is - i'm stuffed!

Help!!!!
    Your link is broken.

Try using webOS Doctor and start over from scratch.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions

Make sure to download version 3.0.2
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Well, since the device still basically works, you can always use webOS doctor to get it back to working order...
  4.    #4  
    Can I do this without wiping everything?
    Again I will post this publically:

Pre|Central is the definitive site for modifying your Pre/Pixi/Veer/TouchPad

webOS Internals checks up on these types of modifications and verifies them.

I've never heard of that site before, and do not know how reputable it is, so I would exercise caution with it, until verified.

If it has been verified, my apologies, but it's always a better idea to have somebody like rwhitby take a look at it, and let you know if it's ok or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by richhowes View Post
    Hi there - I tried following the instructions listed here ( http://www.opinionless.com/setting-a...s-browser/)and now all i get is a blank white screen when i launch the browser....

I have no idea what i did wrong - i was really concentrating just on changing the single line of code - but whatever it is - i'm stuffed!

Help!!!!
    Before you doctor, open the file again and triple check for typos. Typos in code are easily overlooked. Also try another URL, just to rule that out.
  7.    #8  
    Hi there - i tripled checked it and tried to restore to original line of code..but no joy
    Did you restart the TP?
  9.    #10  
    yes no joy!
    Before modifying an important file, it's always a good idea to make a backup with some name indicating it's a copy of the original.

E.g. under /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/

Make a copy of BrowserApp.jsjsjs $as$ $BrowserApp$.$js$.$orig$
    Then make your modifications on the original.

But too late for that. If the restarts and other ideas posted don't work, you might still be able to get a copy of an original BrowserApp.jsjsjs $from$ $another$ $Touchpad$ $and$ $copy$ $that$ $to$ $your$ $system$ $which$ $might$ $be$ $less$ $painful$ $than$ $using$ $webOS$ $doctor$ $to$ $recover$.
    Before you doctor your Touchpad, would you like to try and recover from an original copy of BrowserApp.jsjsjs?

I'm sure someone can send you one if you don't have another Touchpad nearby.
  12.    #13  
    Hi there - if someone could send me the file that would be great - and of course be willing to guide me through replacing it on my touchpad....
  13.    #14  
    Alex - i have found the code - how on earth do i write it to my touchpad?

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...avascript.html
    Hope the file (inside zip) attaches to this message o.k.
    From my 32GB Touchpad running webos 3.0.2
    Attached Files Attached Files
    It's attached.
    Transfer the file to Touchpad via USB - depending on tools available I would unzip the BrowserApp.zip file then transfer BrowserApp.tar.gz, but don't unzip BrowserApp.tar.gz until you have it in your touchpad...

Then you have to transfer it to the right place (very important).

In this case: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source

I don't have Internalz so I'd use command line via novaterm, but Internalz might be easier for you.
  17.    #18  
    Hi Alex - I realll appreciate your reply - but i'm struggling to follow the instructions - could you possibly explain it in a really mickey mouse way - at the moment i have a pc, a touchpad and a USB cable...internalz is installed on my touchpad
  18.    #19  
    i'm rich_howes on skype if that would be a quicker way to message?
    That site it mine. I swear it's reputable! Sorry that you ran into trouble.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast