Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    when I first got the 32g touchpad, there are concessions where I can't wake up the tab, press the power will not turn on the screen instantly, but after a few seconds, the screen will lit up. After applying numerous patch and kernels, I didn't experience this anymore.

but 2 days ago I decided to hard reset my tab due to email problem. The sleep/wake problem resurface again. I tried to apply the patch (although not all of them as I find the tab to be fast despite not patching) but the problem seems to exist. It only happens after a 'deep' sleep though.

any idea what could cause the lag in the wake?

these are some of the patches I have applied
    - Berkeley
    - unthrottle
    - hyper fast card animation
    - muffled logging
    - quiet power message
    - remove dropped packet logging
    - unset cfq default
    - google sync

note I doubt any of the patches cause the lag as the problem exists even before applying. I am trying to find which patch removes the lag.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    nobody has this problem?
    Not on a TouchPad, but on my Pre2, yes.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    hmm. I just uninstall uberkernel and it looks like lag is gone. Going to monitor it..
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkinz View Post
    hmm. I just uninstall uberkernel and it looks like lag is gone. Going to monitor it..
    I do not have a touchpad so this may seem stupid...

Does UK for the touchpad implement any voltage or cpu scaling in the profile you had loaded? Also did you have CompCache enabled - if so at what level?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I do not have a touchpad so this may seem stupid...

Does UK for the touchpad implement any voltage or cpu scaling in the profile you had loaded? Also did you have CompCache enabled - if so at what level?
    mine is not UK, but I am using govnah to scale the cpu but not voltage. Don't know n don't think there is any way to meddle with compcpu.

strange thing is before I hard reset I have uberkernel as well but no problem.
    mine is not UK, but I am using govnah to scale the cpu but not voltage. Don't know n don't think there is any way to meddle with compcpu.

strange thing is before I hard reset I have uberkernel as well but no problem.
    What does "hard reset" to you mean? I'm having trouble deciphering the sequence of events given that you also said the following:

Why don't we start over. Detail the situation and clearly specify when the problem started and what the Kernel configuration was at that time and then when it went away and what the configuration is without lag. If you still have lag - did you have a time when you thought it had gone away?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    What does "hard reset" to you mean? I'm having trouble deciphering the sequence of events given that you also said the following:

Why don't we start over. Detail the situation and clearly specify when the problem started and what the Kernel configuration was at that time and then when it went away and what the configuration is without lag. If you still have lag - did you have a time when you thought it had gone away?
    hard reset = reset option, choose erase everything.

note that when I do the reset, I forgot to uninstall all my patches, including the uber kernel

after I hard reset, I notice the lag (after all the usual setup and registration).

I didn't pay too much about it, as I remembered I experience the lag on my first day before I home brew my touchpad.

but after applying uberkernel, I notice the lag is still there.

I thought it is my patches not applied, so I install them one by one, but the lag still remains.

until I you install the uberkernel.
    hard reset = reset option, choose erase everything.

note that when I do the reset, I forgot to uninstall all my patches, including the uber kernel

after I hard reset, I notice the lag (after all the usual setup and registration).

I didn't pay too much about it, as I remembered I experience the lag on my first day before I home brew my touchpad.

but after applying uberkernel, I notice the lag is still there.

I thought it is my patches not applied, so I install them one by one, but the lag still remains.

until I you install the uberkernel.

Pretend I know NOTHING. When you say Hard Reset = Reset Erase Everything - please tell me how you do it. The reset on my phone that I know of does not erase patches, kernels, etc.

In order to remove those things you either install the recovery kernel (for kernel issues) or uninstall the patches (for patches) or use webOSDoctor to completely reinstall the OS (which does not typically erase files that are on the USB media partition.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Pretend I know NOTHING. When you say Hard Reset = Reset Erase Everything - please tell me how you do it. The reset on my phone that I know of does not erase patches, kernels, etc.

In order to remove those things you either install the recovery kernel (for kernel issues) or uninstall the patches (for patches) or use webOSDoctor to completely reinstall the OS (which does not typically erase files that are on the USB media partition.

settings > device info > reset > full erase.

but I know kernel is not erased so I install recovery kernel before updating the uberkernel after the 'hard reset'