Preware v1.8.3
    It was alright yesterday when I installed F4 phantom
    But today when I tried to overlock it to 1.8
    I deleted the testing feed first
    and tried to add it:
    webos-kernels-testing
    http://preware.is.awesome.com

error message:
    The instructions you are following are obsolete.

Is there a new instruction for adding the testing feeds please?

Thanks!
    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals has all the info you need
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals has all the info you need
    Thanks!
    It has been changed indeed
    I was wondering if I did something wrong
    I love the elitist attitude in the new instructions. Really, I do.

So previously, the average Joe could safely overclock their Touchpad. Now , the average Joe has to know how to work from a linux shell.

I'm normally for such measures, but this is a bit ridiculous considering the state of webos and the street price of a touchpad.

If you do not already know how to do this using novaterm or Xecutah, or cannot find out how to do this using Google, then you should not be beta testing.
    Guess what...while beta testing is important, no one cares anymore concerning this device. Jump off the high horse. People just want their device to perform.

If you are making it harder to use alpha and beta kernels, you are killing the very thing you are working on.
    The testing feeds instructions are a bit confusing. I haven't added any feeds since 183. Hope they make it easier later on for nubs like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by zredsox View Post
    I love the elitist attitude in the new instructions. Really, I do.

So previously, the average Joe could safely overclock their Touchpad. Now , the average Joe has to know how to work from a linux shell.

I'm normally for such measures, but this is a bit ridiculous considering the state of webos and the street price of a touchpad.

Guess what...while beta testing is important, no one cares anymore concerning this device. Jump off the high horse. People just want their device to perform.

If you are making it harder to use alpha and beta kernels, you are killing the very thing you are working on.
    You can still use UberKernel without beta-feeds so I don't really see the problem. Features from the beta kernels will be moved into Uberkernel when they are decided stable.

If you want more from your device, then why not just install Xecutah and follow the simple instructions? It's not that hard. Sure, they could make it all happen with one click of a button, but then they would have to handle tons of crap in the forums if things go wrong. This way they'll be sure that people at least know what novaterm and/or Xecutah is if something goes wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murer View Post
    If you want more from your device, then why not just install Xecutah and follow the simple instructions? It's not that hard. Sure, they could make it all happen with one click of a button, but then they would have to handle tons of crap in the forums if things go wrong. This way they'll be sure that people at least know what novaterm and/or Xecutah is if something goes wrong.
    I've done so.

It just makes explaining how to do things to my mom, dad etc - impossible. My dad is getting a touchpad next week. He'll have to send it to me to get setup.

I just think that it was made "complicated" to cut out the average user.

I'm an uber geek. You could literally offer the instructions in Greek and I'd work through them to a result. Not so with the average user.

I understand the reasoning. I don't think the path was best.
    Quote Originally Posted by yournic View Post
    I appreciate the information.