I noticed that I have one "unknown" Preware package installed on my TP. There's very little information on it, other than the title "This is a webOS application," version (2.1-2), download size (59.45 KB) and the ID says "com.palm.payment." No information provided for maintainer, type, category, or feed. I would never knowingly install an app/patch or anything else with so little information on it, so I have no idea where this came from. Anyone know what this is? Should I remove it?? Thanks in advance for your input!
    Hmmm....I have this too. Apparently it was one of the very first things I downloaded.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  3. Dis
    I have this file too..I assumed it was something from/for the preware catalogue as its name implies such. I wouldn't delete it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dis View Post
    I have this file too..I assumed it was something from/for the preware catalogue as its name implies such. I wouldn't delete it.
    It's really vague though... I would like to know what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
    It's really vague though... I would like to know what it is.
    Agreed. I also thought it might be connected to the preware catalog, but if that's the case, then why would preware itself classify it as "unknown"?
    i just found this thread because the first thing i did when i installed preware was accidentally delete this... whoops. for some reason i was thinking the delete button was a back button and pressed it without reading.

anyway, i searched to make sure i didnt just delete something important (because preware isnt letting me reinstall it...) and found this:
    https://developer.palm.com/content/a...p-payment.html

In-App Payment

The webOS In-App Payment framework allows you to embed a store directly in your app and sell additional app content and functionality.

The In-App Payment framework consists of one component accessible to device apps:

com.palm.service.payment

All in-app purchase functionality is implemented via API calls to this JavaScript service accessible on the device bus.
    seeing as i never actually purchase apps, much less ones that allow in-app payment, i guess i'll be fine.