Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by irie111 View Post
    Go back to my original post for the fix if you have XP or WIN7 HOME versions... I edited the post, Group Policy Editor can easily be added... Now to test the GUI version more thoroughly...
    No dice on that setup.exe. It installs fine without a hitch, but the files arn't copied correctly. The terminal disappears too quick for me to see if it's successful, but the setup program says all is fine. Searching for gpedit.msc is unsuccessful as well as manually navigating to the C:/Windows/System32/GPBAK/ folder (which doesn't exist).

Im running Win7 Home Premium 64 bit, and ran the setup.exe as admin.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by McTristan View Post
    @theomodsim:

Just a side note - could you please mention me somehow in the copyright? Well I don't want to look ****ed or anything but it would be quite a bit fair wouldn't it be?
    I updated the source files to include your name in the copyright line at the top of each source file.
  3.    #163  
    Version 1.1.3 has been released. This is a minor update that fixes Windows shutdown hanging due to the application prompting about the print server still running.
    Thank you Corey!
    This worked great for me on the first try. *Thank you

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Thank you for the updates!
    Last edited by bcok; 09/29/2011 at 04:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by theomodsim View Post
    Version 1.1.3 has been released. This is a minor update that fixes Windows shutdown hanging due to the application prompting about the print server still running.
    This works very well for me now on both my b&w and color printers. The only enhancement I would like to see at this point is the ability to define one of the 4 printer options as pdf only (perhaps color duplex?). The way it is currently configured I can choose to either physically print everything or save all print jobs as pdf's. It would be nice to choose on the Touchpad at the point of printing whether I'd like a hard copy then or just a pdf file of the printout. Sometimes I want to save something to a pdf file but don't really need a hardcopy, and other times I'm actually wanting an immediate hardcopy.

But even as it stands now this is a fantastic program that really meets a need I had in making my Touchpad usable. Thank you!
    Amazing work, guys! I'm now able to print duplex from my Lexmark printer!
    But I ran into a small problem: I printed a 2-page document, but the physical printout printed the first 10 lines from the 2nd page, on the 1st page. The document looks correct on both my touchpad and my windows 7 desktop. Any ideas on what's wrong?
    If the PDF looks alright (try PDF output only) it must be something with the printer setting... Could you please check the PDF File?
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Thanks for this! However, my TP gives me the message "Error getting added printers", and my WiFi network doesn't appear under Select a Network. I suspect it's a problem with the router ports, but I adjusted them as described.

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Thanks for this! However, my TP gives me the message "Error getting added printers", and my WiFi network doesn't appear under Select a Network. I suspect it's a problem with the router ports, but I adjusted them as described.

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks!
    You know mine said the same thing first time I tried it. I looked at firewall among other things. Was at a loss. Then I just simply tried again and it worked. Don't think I really changed anything. Just seemed like it needed a kick then it woke up. Working fine now.

Cool stuff, thanks a lot!
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Thanks for the responses, but my TP says "printer already exists" when I try again, but no printers are listed. How can I delete all my printer install attempts if they don't show up in the Print Manager?
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Thanks for the responses, but my TP says "printer already exists" when I try again, but no printers are listed. How can I delete all my printer install attempts if they don't show up in the Print Manager?
    When you go into print manager are you going into "add or remove printer"? If there's nothing in there I'm at a loss. I had to add mine "manually" by entering the IP address of the host PC and give it the name of my choice. It didn't automatically detect any printers.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Thanks again. Yeah, I did a manual install.
    If nothing is listed there for configured printers then I don't know
    Maybe try a reboot as a hail Mary & see if it clears the error?
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    yeah, tried that. On chat now, wish me luck with that!
    yeah, tried that. On chat now, wish me luck with that!
    Based on some of my experiences with chat, you might need all the luck you can get! I'll try to think positively though, good luck dude.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    "Murray" on chat had to resort to Erase Apps/Data suggestion. I'm not up for that hassle at this hour, so I'll defer being able to print for now, I guess.

BTW, how can I set a static IP for the desktop on the router while allowing DHCP for the wireless. (Linksys WRT5TG)
    "Murray" on chat had to resort to Erase Apps/Data suggestion. I'm not up for that hassle at this hour, so I'll defer being able to print for now, I guess.

BTW, how can I set a static IP for the desktop on the router while allowing DHCP for the wireless. (Linksys WRT5TG)
    That sounds like a pretty drastic measure, What model/version of WRT54G? DD-WRT or Tomato firmware will allow you do do that. That's the primary reason I started using 3rd party firmware was the ability to hand out a static IP via DHCP. I prefer Tomato but it won't run on all models of WRT54G. Alternatively you can configure a static IP on the desktop NIC.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    it's Vers 2. So, the router would be cool with setting a static IP? How do I do that? You can supply a link that's easier.
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast